2 Job Opportunities at HelpAge International – Drivers
Position: Drivers (TW0 POSITIONS)
To facilitate the movements of HelpAge programme staff in Kigoma region and within Tanzania. The incumbent works under the supervision of the Administrative Officer and the general supervision of Programme Manager. The Administrative Officer identifies trips/assignments. The incumbent has some flexibility for planning and scheduling routes. Manuals available for use are security instructions; directives/instructions; and Vehicles maintenance manuals.
HelpAge International wishes to recruit two drivers for the Burundian Refugee Response programme based in Kibondo District in Kigoma Region, Tanzania. We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable of assuming overall responsibility for driving the HelpAge International’s vehicles in a safe, legal and professional way.
- Minimum qualification form four level with driving Certificates
- Mature, respectful and honest person of high integrity who is able to work in a team and make meaningful contributions to the team objective.
- Excellent driving skills and with experience with driving to remote locations on project field trip and driving off the road in difficult conditions
- Mentally fit and preferable aged from 35 years
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of the country and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Flexible and able to adapt to abrupt changes at short notices
- Able to read and write in Swahili and English language
- Able to demonstrate respect for culture, religion and age
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of the country and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Able to read, write and understand instructions in the working language and
- Ability to write a concise and faithful report of accidents.
- Able to perform other duties as delegated by line manager
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants for 2 Job Opportunities at HelpAge International – Drivers should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: [email protected] copy to [email protected]
Applications for 2 Job Opportunities at HelpAge International – Drivers should be sent not later than 18th March 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. This will be ongoing recruitment and the right candidate will be contacted on a rolling basis. Certificates are not needed at this stage.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply