Drivers (2 Posts)
The Centre for Water Infrastructure and Sustainable Energy Futures (WISE-Futures) at the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) is one of the Eastern and Southern Africa Centers of Excellence (ACE II) to strengthen African higher education institutions to deliver quality post-graduate education and build collaborative research capacity in the regional priority areas.
The WISE – Futures Centre aspires:
- To provide excellent learning environment for training top-notched Masters and PhD graduates specializing in water, sanitation and energy related fields;
- To provide a stimulating research environment for early career researchers to enable them contribute to solving pressing societal problems related to water, sanitation and energy;
- To strengthen regional and international research collaboration in order to promote the development of cutting edge solutions to water, sanitation and energy challenges in the region; and
- To promote inclusive socio-economic transformation in the region by turning research findings into usable and accessible products for the benefits of society, and industry, and the sustainability of the environment. NM-AIST collaborates with a wide range of national, regional and international partners, and other Centers of Excellence in the Region.
- The NM-AIST invites applications from suitably skilled, competent, and experienced Tanzanians for the following vacant posts at the WISE-Futures Centre:
Driver (2 Posts):
Qualifications, Knowledge and Essential Attributes:
- Holder of Form Four Secondary Education with passes in Kiswahili or English with at least Trade Test Grade II/Drivers Grade II certificate from a recognized Institution. Must have a valid Class ‘‘C’’ Driving License;
- Below 45 years of age;
- Very good in English and Kiswahili oral and written communication skills; and
- Work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Driving Project/Institutional vehicle(s) and maintaining logbooks;
- Responsible for safe-keeping of the vehicle and its tools;
- Maintains disciplined behaviour and proper conduct in rendering services to his/her officers;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle and tools;
- Reporting promptly any defect or problems detected in the vehicle;
- Prepare and timely submit vehicle report in regard to fuel consumption, general vehicle usage or any adverse observation of vehicle;
- Performs mesenterial Duties and Responsibilities such as dispatching documents/letters, collecting mail, photocopying of documents; and
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
Duration of the position:
Full time two years contract, with a probation period of six months. The position is renewal subject to satisfactory performance. Maximum duration is two (2) years but this may be extended subject to availability of funding
Gross Monthly Salary $466.90.
WISE-Futures, Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology [NMAIST], Tengeru – Arusha, Tanzania.
Centre Leader / Deputy Centre Leader/Centre Manager
Mode of Application:
Eligible candidates possessing the above qualifications and attributes are advised to submit their applications including the following:
- A cover letter in which you describe your abilities and motivation,
- Most recent Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and academic transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from two professional referees
- Contact details: Telephone, E-mail and Postal Address
- Individuals currently employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their employers
Deadline for application:
Deadline for application is 30th May 2020. Recruitment will be as soon as possible.
Applications should be sent by either e-mail or via post address and should be addressed to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor-Planning, Finance and Administration,
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology,
P.O. Box 447,
E-mail: [email protected]
Please mention the position in the e-mail header or on the envelope.
Note: Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their addresses/e-mails/phones.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.