UAP Insurance Tanzania is a member of the UAP Old Mutual Group in East Africa, which is a subsidiary of Old Mutual Limited (OML) in Africa. UAP made its entry into the Tanzania market in 2013 after the acquisition of a majority 60% shareholding in Century Insurance Company. We are proud of our contribution in the growth of the Insurance Industry and we actively put our customers, their needs and ambitions at the forefront of everything we do to help them realize their financial goals.
UAPTanzania also plays a role in impacting the community it operates in through various social responsibility initiatives. Our Headquarters is in Dar es Salaam with branches in Arusha, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma, Kahama, Morogoro.Tegeta, Mtwara and Zanzibar.
The company would like to fill the following positions:
To Ensure that the company business is professionally written to an acceptable standard within the underwriting guidelines and arranged reinsurance program
- University degree
- Basic Insurance qualification
- Sales and Marketing Qualification
Minimum of 3 years
Quotations and Risk Acceptances
- Ensure quotations allocated are done and approved by the Underwriting Manager and dispatched within the agreed turnaround time
- Accept all new agreed proposals which meets acceptable underwriting standards within the delegated authority
· Underwriting Process and Procedures
- Analyze and assess proposal forms and risk notes and confirm correctness within the acceptable underwriting standards
- Ensure all incoming business are captured in the system accurately and monitor backlog status and observe timely month end closing
- Prepare /Issue policies and endorsements for all classes of insurance within the system at the agreed turnaround time
- Process all endorsements within the agreed turnaround time
- Respond to all correspondence within the agreed turnaround time
- Ensure adherence to all the process, procedures and controls within the department
- Ensure Reinsurance allocations are done properly as per treaty on every business before capturing into the system
- Conduct trainings on various covers to team and intermediaries etc
- Analyze and assess proposals and risk notes and recommend on the need to carry out surveys for small to medium size non-standard risks
- Communicate to the client’s progress on the implementation of surveyor’s recommendations in improving the status of risks written
- Resolve internal control audit recommendations fully and ensure no issue automatically escalates
- Monitor the quantity and quality of work done with ZERO error which may result in disputes with other departments.
- Work on the allocated renewal scrutiny listing 3 months prior to expiry of policy and dispatch renewal notices to producers/clients1 month prior to renewal date
- Follow up allocated policies falling due for renewal and provide weekly report to Underwriting manager to ensure achievement of monthly retention ratio of at least 80%
- Establish unrenewed list by 1st Week on the following month and make counter follow ups
- Liaising with the Reinsurance Section regarding risks requiring facultative reinsurance placements.
- Comply with the agreed filing and record keeping system
– Attend all customers enquiries and provide prompt attention and efficient service
End Date: 2020-03-18