Chief of Party (COP) at University Research Co., LLC (URC) May, 2019
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO ., LLCURC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care , social services , and health education worldwide . With a non-profit affiliate , the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries , including the United States .
Established in 1965 , URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems . Internationally , we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal , newborn , and child health; infectious diseases , including HIV/AIDS , TB , and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families . In the US , we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse , especially among underserved populations .
Division & Project OverviewURC is seeking an experienced candidate for Chief of Party to provide technical and managerial oversight on the anticipated USAID/Tanzania Comprehensive Community Cascade for Epidemic Control Among Key and Vulnerable Population (CCC-KVP). The overall goal of this project is to “support an integrated community platform of services for KVP to reduce new HIV infections and sustainably improve the quality of life for PLHIV .” The CCC-KVP project will focus on increasing demand for and use of HIV and gender-based violence prevention and family planning services for KVP and PLHIV , working with and through community-based stakeholders , sub-national Government of Tanzania authorities , health facilities , KVP , and PLHIV to reduce new HIV infections , improve the quality of life for PLHIV , and improve other reproductive health outcomes . Additionally , the CCC-KVP will further strengthen capacity of local partners as they transition to receive and independently manage funds from the USG . The CCC-KVP project will implement activities in Iringa , Njombe , Kilimanjaro , Tabora , Morogoro , Mbeya , Dar es Salaam , Dodoma , Singida , Mtwara , Shinyanga , Manyara , Arusha , and Lindi .
Roles and Responsibilities :The COP will have the overall responsibility of leadership and management and reporting of project activities . S/he will be responsible for making key decisions and solving problems in short timeframes while ensuring operational and project quality and integrity . S/he will serve as the project’s main point of contact with USAID , on routine and strategic matters . S/he will also ensure effective organizational management and communication with the host country government at all levels , and international partners and agencies . The COP will provide technical direction to the design and implementation of all activities and ensure the production of quality products and services . Specific responsibilities include :
• Provide strategic leadership and vision in the development and implementation of strategies and approaches aimed to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) efforts to strengthen the integrated platform of services for KVP to reduce new HIV infections
• Provide administrative , programmatic , and managerial oversight to all aspects of the project to ensure that all project activities are executed in line with and meet USAID/Tanzania performance standards
• Ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor the implementation of projects , including progress toward achieving objectives and benchmarks with high-quality and on-time performance
• Ensure technical capacity of staff and provide technical assistance and backstopping when required
• Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with USAID/Tanzania , the MOH , and all other stakeholders , including National AIDS Control Program , implementing and collaborating partners
• Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings , impact , innovations , and lessons learned
• Ensure timely , high-quality , and complete submission of work plans , quarterly and annual reports , financial reports , and any other reports required by USAID
• Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with URC standard operating procedures , USAID policies and regulations , and national policies and laws
• Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking , linkages to other projects , capacity building of project staff , and institutional strengthening of staff
• Recruit and supervise staff to meet evolving project demands , including management of a roster of technical experts with national and international expertise to contribute to project as required .
Required Qualifications :• A master’s degree in Public Health , Global Development , Business Administration , or a related field
• At least 10 years of experience managing large , complex donor projects , particularly USAID-funded contracts as Chief of Party , Deputy Chief of Party , or Senior Technical Advisor
• Demonstrated experience in international development championing change and innovations , preferably including experience managing/leading health projects related to key and vulnerable populations and/or local partner capacity building; experience in Tanzania or East Africa preferred
• Significant experience working in partnership with host governments , international donors , local implementing partners , and civil society
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with USAID policies , procedures , and approaches on public health project design , implementation , budgeting , and monitoring and evaluation
• Proven ability to work in a team environment and mentor/coach direct reports
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English , including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
To Apply :For immediate consideration , please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated . Also , please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well .
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive , only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted . No phone calls please . However , since we are active around the world in the field of public health , we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities , unless you direct us otherwise . Thank you very much for your interest .
TO APPLY CLICK HERE