District Project Managers Job Opportunities at MDH
District Project Managers
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit , non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to addressing public health priorities of Tanzania and the world at large . The priorities include HIV/AIDS , Tuberculosis , Malaria; Reproductive , Maternal , New-born and Child Health (RMNCH), Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening . MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions , Ministry of Health , Community Development , Gender , Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; as academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society , community-based and faith-based organizations and others . MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies which will require significant fieldwork and travel up to 80% of the time .
DISTRICT PROJECT MANAGER (DPM): Kagera project- 4 Posts; Kagera and Geita
Reports to Regional Project Manager (RPM)
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and oversee the planning , implementation , M&E , and reporting of the Afya Kwanza project work plan and other MDH supported activities at council(s) level
- To lead the implementation of key initiatives to address program , donor , and national priorities – such as index HIV testing , and focused PITC – in line with national guidelines
- To ensure efficient utilization of Afya Kwanza project resources and compliance with donor and government regulations
- To actively participate in and provide technical assistance (TA) to the District Medical Officer (DMO) and District AIDS Control Coordinator (DACC), Council Health Management Team (CHMT) and supported health facilities in planning , implementation , M&E , and reporting of HIV and related health programs , including the Council Comprehensive Health Plan (CCHP)
- To participate in strategic dialogue with council authorities on project issues on behalf of the RPM
- To conduct a needs assessment , on HIV and related programs and services in her/his council(s) and organize efforts to address these needs -; including in areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the RPM , DMO , and DACC
- To identify , engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with existing and new partners , in HIV and related services so as to maximize the impact of Afya Kwanza project activities in the council(s)
- To work with the RPM and Grants Officer to develop and oversee sub-grantees plans and budgets , as well as ensure optimum resource allocation and utilization and compliance with donor and government regulations
- To ensure timely collection and submission of national HIV services and program data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team
- Lead efforts to robustly analyze and utilize program data to inform plans , priorities and
- to address the gaps
- To implement and manage capacity building program , for HIV and related service providers; capitalizing on supportive supervision , mentorship , and on-job training to supervise program staff in respective council(s)To actively participate in writing technical program documents including project proposals , work-plans , reports , best practices , lessons learned and other
- documents , as required by the RPM .
- To support and advise the RPM on Afya Kwanza program implementation and related issues in her/his respective council(s) and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RPM
Also Read :
- Nafasi ya Kazi Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- 28 Job Opportunies at MDH, Data Officers (Intern)
- TB-HIV OFFICERS Dar es Salaam, Geita & Kagera at MDH
- Nafasi za Kazi Retention and Community Linkage (RCL) Officers 6-posts at MDH
- Nafasi za Kazi TB-HIV OFFICERS (5)- MDH Tanzania
- HIV Drug Resistance (HIVDR) Study Manager Jobs at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- PEDIATRIC HIV ADVISOR at MDH
- Medical Doctor degree with current Medical Council of Tanzania registration
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage .
- At least 3 years of experience working in public health programs/ services
- At least 3 years of experience in design , implementation , management , and M&E of HIV or related clinical and public health programs and services
- Experience in using CQI , PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages , in written and oral communication
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word , Excel , Powerpoint and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
TO APPLY :
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for and district , a detailed copy of their CV , and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related referees . MDH doesn’t have any agents and doesn’t charge any fees to the interested candidates .
Applications should be submitted by 21st August 2019 , to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni , along Mwai Kibaki Road , Plot No . 802 .
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted