Position : Finance Assistant
Posted by : Baylor Tanzania
Posted date : 2019-Aug-27
Location : Mbeya
Position : Finance Assistant
Location : Mbeya- Tanzania
Position Summary :
The Finance Assistant provides day to day financial support to the Baylor- Tanzania staff and financial record management in the Finance Department at SHZ COE office . The Finance Assistant provides functional financial management support to Finance Officer and Senior Finance Officer .
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- Manage petty cash register including processing approved petty cash requests , reconciliation of petty cash balances as required .
- Prepare payment requests , ensure completeness of supporting documents and coordinate approvals from authorized personnel .
- Prepare checks , check lists and bank transfers forms (where applicable) for authorization by authorized personnel .
- Provide initial review of payments requests or advance requests prepared by requestors for completeness and accuracy before recording to the cashbook register .
- Verify and provide confirmation and advance outstanding for cash advance requests received before processing .
- Manage cashbook registers (in both Excel and QuickBooks) for all bank accounts and monitor cash balances before processing payments .
- Distribute cash to training or meeting participants or any other stakeholders participating Baylor – Tanzania activities where direct transfer to individual participants is not applicable .
FACILITATE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT
- Issue official cash receipts for all cash paid to Baylor – Tanzania in cash or directly deposited to Baylor – Tanzania bank account .
- Facilitate petty cash counts , petty cash replenishment and petty reconciliation as required .
- Maintain updated , organized , secure filling and storage of financial documents including follow-up of any identified incomplete information for documentation
- Coordinate collection of travel and program advance reconciliation for review and approval .
- Maintain register of check books for all bank accounts and safe keeping of all used checkbooks .
- Maintain register of unused receipts books and safe keeping of all used receipt books .
- Ensure that approval invoices , payment requests , advance requests and journal entries are promptly accurately posted onto the financial system (QuickBooks).
- In liaison with the finance officer , complete claim for refund of VAT form ITX262.02.E at a regular interval for all transactions that Baylor – Tanzania has paid VAT upfront
In liaison with the finance officer prepare journal entries for posting transactions or adjusting transactions in accounting system .
Post approved journal entries in the accounting system .
LIAISON WITH EXTERNAL INSTITUTIONS
Facilitate bank transactions including cash withdrawals , cash deposits , check deposits to Baylor – Tanzania bank accounts or any other bank , collection of bank statements , facilitate official communication between Baylor – Tanzania and bank(s) including follow up of any outstanding matters as may arise .
OTHER FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Provide other support as needed to the Finance Officer , Finance Manager or Zonal Program Manager .
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS :
- Minimum academic qualifications : Advanced Diploma from a recognized institution; B.com degree (Accounting option) will be an added advantage .
- Minimum experience and exposure of at least 3 years in a busy accounting office .
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Analytical skills and team work spirit
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and to organize and prioritize own work .
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft office , and accounting packages .
Knowledge and experience of preparing accountabilities for funds granted .
Previous experience in an NGO sector .
How to apply :
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor – Tanzania , Apply in confidence by submitting an application letter , a detailed CV , relevant copies of your certificates , and the names and contact information for three referees .
Application should reach Baylor – Tanzania not later than September 16th , 2019 .