Job Opportunity at International School of Tanganyika, Teacher Assistant
Challenging , inspiring and supporting all our students to fulfil their potential and improve the world
IST will be a global leader in the education of internationally-mobile young people .
All students , regardless of their starting point , will think critically , achieve academically and develop the wisdom to make good choices . They will show curiosity and creativity in addressing authentic problems , local and global .
They will pursue their varied passions with enthusiasm , developing resilience , perseverance , and confidence . Understanding the diversity of people and cultures , they will act kindly , fairly , and responsibly .
All members of the IST community will work together to fulfil this vision .
Statement of Values
All members of the IST community are :
- Responsible – We act responsibly , positively and constructively towards ourselves and other people . We learn from our mistakes and accept the consequences of our actions .
- Inquiring – We show curiosity , perseverance and open-mindedness in seeking to understand and solve problems . We persevere in the face of difficulties and we embrace the learning that comes through failure as well as the joy of success .
- Compassionate – We empathise with others and act with care , kindness and courage . In our interactions , we behave with patience , generosity and integrity .
- Balanced – We believe in a broad education for our students , seeing the value of participation in a varied curriculum .
- Diverse – We treasure the diversity within the IST community , using the rich opportunities for deeper understanding that come from our differences .
- IST Strategic Plan
- Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our school’s mission , vision and values . This plan is focused on three aims .
Personalized Learning :
- Ensure alignment between the written , taught and assessed curriculum
- Implement a strong , multi-tiered system of support to students , consistent with IST’s common understanding of inclusion
- Improve our ability to offer a balanced program with opportunities for excellence in academics , the arts and athletics
- Provide exemplary transition programs between campuses and other institutions of learning
- Ensure reporting models support effective partnerships with parents and their child’s learning
- Develop a strong internal professional learning community to embed successful professional learning experiences
- Ensure IST students’ appropriate use of technology supports their learning
Engaged Community :
- Improve IST’s local , global and international reputation
- Provide opportunities for IST students and faculty to connect with local and global experts
- Develop partnerships within the local community to improve student experiences
- Improve processes and systems to improve communication within the IST community
- Build reciprocal structures to connect alumni with current student
- Establish sustainable and supportive relationships with government ministries
- Promote positive school spirit within and across campuses
Ensured Sustainability :
- Review the master site plan to ensure school facilities support learning experiences
- Maintain fiscal discipline and transparency within IST community
- Develop the school’s capacity to recruit/retain excellent employees
- Lessen IST’s environmental footprint
- Align governing models with best practice
Summary of the Role
Teacher Assistant duty will be to supervise the students and provide learning support and guidance . The successful applicant should be ready to assist the lead licensed teacher with the development and implementation of education plans as well as identify and solve issues with the educational , social and emotional development of students . The Assistant Teacher should be committed to developing meaningful relationships with pupils and giving constructive feedback to help them grow and improve . S/He must have strong communication skills , as they will be expected to interact with colleagues , parents , students and educational authorities . The ideal candidate will be understanding and attentive to student needs , and have a passion for the education field .
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
Experience : 2+ years’ teaching experience
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and relevant teaching certification . Masters degrees are preferred . (c) PYP training/experience
Professional Competencies :
Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
Educational leader and outstanding teacher
Sound decision making , solutions focused , knowledge of child protection and health and safety
Experience in developing and/or sustaining high performance teams (e) Highly effective relationship developer with a variety of stakeholders (f) Expert knowledge of IB Standards and Practices .
Personal Attributes :
Collaborative team player , empathetic listener
Integrity and confidentiality
Strategic thinker , able to convert vision into action
Internationally minded , emotional intelligence
Intercultural awareness , creative , persuasive
Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
Adept in multilingual settings , spirited , pioneering , professional and nurturing
The primary responsibilities for Teacher Assistant at Elementary School will be :
Applications and enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Friday , 6th September 2019