Job Opportunity at Save the Children, Accountability Assistant
TEAM/PROGRAM : Programme Development and Quality LOCATION : Kibondo , Kigoma
GRADE : TBC POST TYPE : National
Child Safeguarding :
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
ROLE PURPOSE :
The Accountability Assistant will be a part of the Monitoring , Evaluation , Accountability , and Learning (MEAL) team , supporting the implementation of the overall emergency response MEAL system . He/she will assist the MEAL team with activities and being one of a focal point for accountability and feedback mechanism . The Accountability will support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability and will manage the feedback mechanism . Working closely with the MEAL Officer to support data entry and data management as needed . Generally , support the MEAL team and program team to ensure learning and accountability systems are working effectively in emergency response .
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Implementing Accountability mechanisms
- Conduct community visits , focus group discussions with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries to receive feedback on SC programs via available channels i.e . Toll-Free Number , suggestion Box , meeting and Focus Group Discussions (FGD)
- Manage feedback received and ensuring a timely and appropriate follow-up if needed
- Documenting feedback and follow-up actions taken
- Support programming and field staff to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities (including children) and that information is shared with affected communities .
- Conduct field monitoring visits as appropriate
- Work closely with field staff to collect data and implement activities to support beneficiary accountability
- Ensure that accountability mechanisms is maintained in accordance with SCI Accountability Framework , Core Humanitarian Charter and Humanitarian Accountability partnership standards
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection , code of conduct , health and safety , equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
- Job Opportunity at Save the Children, Accountability Assistant
- Nafasi ya Kazi Advocacy and Campaign Manager – Save the Children
- CHILD PROTECTION OFFICER Jobs at Save the children
- CHILD PROTECTION PSYCHOLOGIST Jobs at Save the children
- Nafasi ya Kazi Proposal Coordinator & Writer – Save the Children
- Award Manager at Save the Children
All staff has an obligation to ensure they fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy , the Code of Conduct and related policies . They must conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy , in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse .
All staff must ensure the way they are carrying out their work is not putting children and community at risk (or further risk).
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Holds self-accountable for making decisions , managing resources efficiently , achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
Holds self-accountable and have confidentiality for the feedback received from beneficiaries and community at large
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children , engages and motivates others
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Honest , encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University or College qualification and a minimum of three years professional experience with education work and child protection work
- Good knowledge and understanding of Accountability Mechanisms .
- Strong organizational skills .
- Strong verbal and written English , Kirundi and Kiswahili skills
- Strong interpersonal skills the ability to work collaboratively with other
- Strong reporting skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office , including Outlook for email)
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims , values and principles including rights-based approaches
Date advertised : 13 Aug 2019
Closing date : 24 Aug 2019 – 23:59 EAT
Location : Kigoma , Tanzania , the United Republic of
Department : Programme Operations
Type : Fixed-term contract
Schedule : Full-time