Jobs at TADEPA – Health and HIV Service Officers
Jobs at TADEPA
Job Title : 3 Health and HIV Service Officers
Information about TADEPA
Tanzania Development and AIDS Prevention Association (TADEPA) is a Tanzanian Nongovernmental organization (NGO) currently offices in Kagera , Geita , Shinyanga and Dodoma regions . Was formed and registered in 1997 and acquired mandated to work in all regions of Tanzania mainland . The main purpose of TADEPA is to promote development in totality through and fight against public problems HIV/AIDS and its integrated effects .
TADEPA’s Vision : Healthy , Wealthy and Just Community
TADEPA’s Mission is committed to empower the community to improve their livelihood through active participation in protection of human rights , conservation of environment and promotion of societal socio-economic stance .
About USAID Kizazi Kipya Programme
TADEPA in partinership with Pact Tanzania is implementing USAID Kizazi Kipya programme that provider services aligned with PEPFAR illustrative eligible OVC services . FY20 Priorities for USAID Kizazi Kipya OVC programme include :
i . 90- 90-90 strategy with following perfect results and indicators on OVC_HIVSTAT Targeting , reach 100% of all beneficiaries , promote active involvement of efforts for assisted disclosure with health professionals , complete referrals for HTS in a timely manner,100% of HIV+ tested OVC , Adherence Monitoring , Viral load mornitoring with clinical partiners , Participation of CSO (TADEPA) in case review meetings at CTC , Very
closely , demonstrated and documented , collaboration with clinical partners at all level ,
ii . HIV Prevention Package with adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) including : DREAMS Intervention , Specific focus on 9- 14 years old , Introduction of special three mandatory Modules .
iii . Increase ownership of Government of Tanzania with NICMS eventually preparation for handling over the project that include : CSO plans/ Budgets to plan Rep , Ward level readiness assessment , Systemic case file transition from CSOs to ward that will meet redness criteria , Ward officer leadership of CCW meetings , Regular data review meetings with Government at LGA level , Quarterly led by CSOs[ TADEPA] and regional level and Semi annually led by cluser , Joint site visit by cluster and National office with JSI CHSSP .
The main goal of USAID Kizazi Kipya is improved health and social wellbeing of Most Vulnerable children OVCpe , young people and their families through strategic service delivery support .
Kizazi Kipya Vision is to ensure Vulnerable Children , youth , their families and caring communities participate in a core package of tailored client and community centered combination of HIV prevention and care with traceable linkages to VTC , referral , care , treatment and other comprehensive/ Social/ economic services .
Available posts and required candidates
To facilitate the smooth implementation of this programme TADEPA is seeking to recruit suitably qualified , well motivated capable and candidates to work under USAID Kizazi Kipya programme in Kahama Town , Council , Msalala DC and Ushetu DC and Bukoba DC One post for Coordinator as the following list
Also Read :
- Jobs at TADEPA, Accountant cum Financial Managers
Job Title : Health and HIV Service Officers (1 post per district required total 3 candidates )
Reporting to : TADEPA USAID Kizazi Kipya Programme Coordinator
To ensure that OVC are accessing their entitle services which are provided by Kizazi Kipya which include : Family Health insurance or health Card [Bima ya Afya iliyoboreshwa] referrals for OVC to obtain routine timely health care , referrals for emergency Health Care , referral for early infant Diagnosis (EID), completed referral for immunization appropriate to age as per National Vaccination protocol , age appropriated HIV treatment literacy for CLHIV , age appropriate counseling and HIV disclosure support HIV adherence , Assessment of nutrition status of infants and young children and provision of age appropriate nutrition counseling , household Hygiene counselling and Water , Sanitation and Hygiene( WASH) massaging ,Adolescent participants in a structured , evidence based sexual and reproductive health and HIV education intervention .
Role and responsibilities
- Represent the CSO and coordinate with the Council Health Management Team regarding HIV and Health related activities .
- Hold monthly Coordination meetings with care and treatment Centers (CTC) in implementation area to support shared confidentiality , facilitate case conferencing , improve the bio-directional referral system , and ensure HIV Positive beneficiaries receive needed services .
- Support Early Child Development (ECD) corners at targeted health facilities , regular monitoring and supportive supervision .
- Support Community Case Workers (CCWs) to work with high pediatric volume CTCs to trace HIV positive OVCs who miss appointments , enroll them with Kizazi Kipya project and link them back to CTCs
- Support CCWs to conduct risk HIV risk assessments for OVC during case management ,refer and link at risk OVCs to HIV Testing and Counseling(HTC)
- Schedule Sexual Reproductive Health Education outreaches to teen club and organize adolescent with high risk behaviors
- Work with OVC supporters and implementation partners HIV Curriculum to CCWs and ensure CCWs provide appropriate support to HIV positive OVC and caregivers .
- Support CCWs to strengthen the capacity to caregivers to support HIV OVCs and ensure CCW refer HIV positive OVC and caregivers to PLHIV support groups .
- Ensure screening for care givers for depression and link them to appropriate services .
- Support the roll out of evidence based curriculums related to HIV (e.g . stepping stones Sinovuyo Teens , Sexual Reproductive Health Education , Care for Child Development etc .
- Support establishment of a bi-directional referral system to monitor beneficiaries through HIV continuum of care as well as service completion for other health and social services .
- Monitor implementation , bottlenecks , and performance metrics of bi-directorial referral system; pro-actively offer solutions , conduct quarterly improvement activities and improve adjustments to improve referral outcomes .
- Coordinate Quarterly District level quality improvement meetings with relevant bidirectorial referral system stakeholders; ensure actions from the meetings are implemented by bi-directoral referral system is improved .
- Work with M&E Officer to ensure all bi-directional referral data are accurate and produced weekly , use data for decision making .
- Lead the development of service directory for Health , Nutrition , and HIV services in implementation area; update the directory at least once a year .
- Support CCWs to conduct nutrition activities , including nutrition assessment , counseling , and linkage to other nutrition service providers .
- Provide continuous supportive supervision to CCWs to ensure provision of healthrelated service and referrals and linkages to beneficiaries .
- Submit timely updates to the Program Coordinator for inclusion in the quarterly , seannual and annual reports . .
- Document lessons learnt and best practices for experience sharing and replication .
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by project leaders
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 year and above working experience .
- Experience in HIV interventions and other health services , and aware and fully knowledgeable about 90- 90- 90 strategies in relation to HIV
- Community health experiences and capacities and ability to work with Community Health Workers , Health Committees (villages Health committees , Ward Development committees , Health facilities committees) etc .
- Ability to build relationship with families affected by HIV/AIDS child , youth Vulnerable Adolescent Girls/ boys , community leaders and wider community
- Able to work with Health facility staff in CTC Peer Educators and empowerment Workers at different district council levels .
- Computer literacy is highly required .
- Able to relate gender norms , social , economic & culture and HIV/AIDS in addressing their challenges accordingly .
- Able to timely data collection , compilation and analysis data
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
TADEPA Executive Director
P.O.Box 1603 Bukoba
Email : email@example.com
(Submit only covering letter and a CV and copies of certificates to Apply for Jobs at TADEPA
[All hard copies and soft copies are accepted])
Indicate in your application on what post your applying as we have different post to avoid mixed application and confusion . The Application should be submitted before 14th 09/ 2019 which will be a Closing date for the application