Jobs at Britam Insurance Branch Manager
Jobs at Britam Insurance Branch Manager
Job Title : Branch Manager
- The job holder is responsible for the production of new and renewal of existing business and other lines within the branch catchment .
- The job holder also takes overall accountability for the branch activities . The role reports to the Senior Sales Manager-DSR & Upcountry Branches .
- Coordinate and supervise the branch staff and ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to .
- Meet the various revenue targets as agreed on from time to time with respect to new business and renewal retention .
- Ensure accurate and competitive quotations are prepared and are in compliance with minimum rates as published by TIRA .
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with Brokers , Agents , Direct Sales Representatives , and other channels and ensure excellent customer service to existing customers and prospective clients .
- Identify and develop new distribution outlets .
- Gather marketing intelligence statistics to facilitate the development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage in the branch catchment area .
- Train intermediaries on the general insurance products .
- Oversee underwriting procedures in the branch to ensure sound acceptance of risk .
- Oversee claims procedures at the branch and guide clients and intermediaries appropriately .
- Ensure collection of premium as per credit control policy .
- General management and administration of the branch office
- Deliver on the performance requirements as defined by the departments’ strategy map , balanced scorecard and personal scorecard .
- Premium collection
- Sales revenue
- Gross loss ratio
Responsible for staff working under this position
Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members in Britam branches
Insurance sector players (Brokers , Agents , DSR’s , TIRA)
Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related degree .
At least six years overall experience in the insurance industry with at least two at supervisory level .
Professional qualification in Insurance (Certificate CII).
Knowledge of Insurance regulatory requirements .
Knowledge of Britam Products .
Leading and Supervising : Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behavior .
Persuading and Influencing : Gains clear agreement and commitment from others; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others .
Presenting and Communicating Information : Speaks fluently; expresses opinions , information and key points of an argument clearly; response quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility .
Adhering to Principles and Values : Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages the team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment .
Analysing : Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information , to break them into component parts , patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; make rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system .
Planning and Organising : Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones .
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations : Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals .
Primary Location : Tanzania , United Republic of-Dodoma-Dodoma
Organization : International Insurance Business
Job Type : Permanent
Shift : Day Job
Contract Type : Full-time
Job Posting : 02-09-2019
Unposting Date : 06-09-2019
Number of Openings : 1
To Apply fior Jobs at Britam Insurance Branch Manager
CLICK HERE TO APPLY