Sourcing Manager Job at NBC Bank – March 2020
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
- Commercial delivery : Deliver the 3rd Party Supply chain, for a defined portfolio of business processes ,that supports the delivery of the agreed products & services, together with any future strategies or developments as determined by the contracted agreement.
- Work with suppliers to develop strategies in order to deliver quantifiable benefits to the business Act as an interface for the suppliers/performance partners in order to that provide services to the Bank .
- Assist the Manager to deliver alignment between business and category objectives and strategy for the specific supplier .
- Assist with the delivery of targeted benefits to cover cost reduction, cost avoidance, quality, service, innovation and revenue generation financial deliverables as agreed – must contribute to growth of absolute profit.
- Deliver compliance to the Sourcing and Supplier Management Policy (SSMP) Process data accurately for commodity/supplier and ensure compliance with Records Management implemented processes .
- Review business drivers and translate into value adding sourcing strategies in order to meet stakeholder requirements .
- Obtain stakeholder sign-off to all agreed sourcing and supplier management benefits negotiated .Undertake supplier and product rationalization reviews with the business, develop appropriate strategies and gain stakeholder approval/budget allocation .
- Obtain and cascade relevant information and analytics to conduct reviews that drives business improvement .
- Ensure that supplier contracts drive performance against quantified business needs and continuous improvement through the creation of services schedules and assist in negotiating where applicable .
- Ensure that supplier contracts comply with applicable regulatory requirements by reviewing on an annual basis in conjunction with NBC Legal .
- Review supply market and supplier research and deliver potential cross functional strategies that are innovative to the supplier Drive supplier and product/service rationalization initiatives and ensure that specifications/functionality are fit for purpose Participate in formal supplier performance reviews across all business needs including cost management, development, technology road-mapping, productivity etc.
- Design and implement supply base capability communications via internet, binder or supplier road shows. Submit weekly status updates on all projects/suppliers within category .
- Facilitate contract administration process for all suppliers within category and ensure that the central repositories hold the latest contracts and change controls .
- Instruct suppliers to adhere to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Business Continuity Management (BCM) requirements Manage supply dependencies and interactions effectively up to senior level throughout the sourcing life cycle, internally with clients, colleagues and external suppliers Administer the handover of commercial arrangements into live operation post contract award .
- Ensure appropriate engagement of internal legal resource and control their input to meet business and sourcing requirements | Stakeholder Management : Develop stakeholder relationships using effective communication plans and forums Create supplier/business forums to promote proposals regarding innovation, cost saving ideas, product or service and process improvement opportunities | Compliance : Ensure compliance scores are maintained at best in class levels (90%) for Supplier and Channel by reviewing MI on a monthly basis per supplier in line with the system requirements .
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures e.g. ECCG, Sanctions, HR Policies, Gift Registers etc.. by keeping abreast of new developments and developing, implementing and monitoring appropriate control measures .Liaise with internal and external compliance functions, e.g. Internal Audit, Group Compliance in order to stay up to date .with developments in the Risk environment . Manage risk by ensuring that financial policies and procedures, regulatory a
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Certified Procurement and Supply Proffessional – Procurement and Supply proffesional Technician Board, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Enabling team success (Meets all of the requirements), English, Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level, Leading people – Team level (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Procurement Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Swahili