Civil Technicians 2 Job Opportunities at AUWSA
The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania.
The core function of the Authority is to provide clean, portable and wholesome water to Arusha City residence and some part of Arusha and Arumeru Districts, disposal and treatment of waste water from customers connected to the central sewerage system.
In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority’s establishment.
CIVIL TECHNICIAN II (2 POST)
Appointing Authority: Management Committee.
Reports To: Head of Construction
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
Shall be a holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education;
Shall be a holder of a Ordinary Diploma (NTA 6) in Civil Engineering or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in respective fields from a recognized Institution;
The candidate must be computer literate
Nature of Employment: Unspecified Period Contract
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out preliminary customer survey and analysis of water works for new connections.
- To make preliminary investigation of water works for rehabilitation of systems for future development. iii. To carry out data collection, compilation and evaluation of water and sewerage works.
- To make drawings/sketches of existing and proposed water works, structures andbuildings.
- To prepare and update water systems maps, customers/ distribution/ collection systems.
- To assist in the preparation of bill of quantities (BOQ) and estimates for water works. vii. To carryout water and sewerage construction works.
- To carryout water pipe network and rehabilitation of works/building.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the respective Supervisor.
All above vacancies carry an attractive competitive salary and remuneration package in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in specific vacant post and AUWSA’s Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and not more than 40 years of age.
- Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The CV must incorporate all contact: telephone numbers, mobile, postal address, e-mail and physical address.
- Only Certificate of Secondary Education (CSE) and Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSE) from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) are accepted, result slips are strictly not accepted.
- Certificates from foreign examination Bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
- Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
- Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
- In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to posses the following traits:
- Excellent communication skill.
- High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 25th February, 2020 16:30 HRS. AUWSA is an equal opportunity employer woman with the required qualification and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
Tel: + 2547186, 254 8981,
Fax: 254 7163,
E-Mail: [email protected]