Job Title: Data clerk
Location: Dar es Salaam (1), Morogoro (1), Mbeya (1,) and Tabora (1)
Reports to: Technically to Data Manager and administratively to Clinical Results Manager
ROLES AND RESPONSBILITIES
The data clerk will be responsible for the following tasks and deliverables:
- Enter patient information, family information, visits, and laboratory results, and other patients’ records into CTC2 database;
- Review the accuracy and completeness of patients’ records in CTC2 cards, CTC2 database and other patient monitoring tools and work with CTC staff to correct the identified gaps;
- Ensure all the patients’ records (paper-based and electronic) are properly stored and handled appropriately – according to the National NACP guidelines on confidentiality of patients records;
- Timely collect and submit facility data to the data manager on weekly, monthly, quarterly and semi-annual bases;
- Produce list of missed appointment (missap) and lost-to-follow up (LTFU) at least weekly, collaborate with CTC staff and community-based health service (CBHS) providers to track patients, and update their status in their files and CTC2 database based on the tracking outcome;
- Prepare list of patients who are eligible for HVL on weekly basis from the CTC2 database, share with CTC staff and ensure all HVL samples collected and results received are documented in relevant tools (HVL register and CTC2 cards) and entered into CTC2 database in a timely manner;
- Perform data quality audit weekly by harmonizing patients records across patient monitoring tools (ART register, ARV dispensing register, appointment register, CTC2 cards and CTC2 database) and work with CTC staff to rectify inconsistencies, if any;
- Ensure that all IPT records (start and completion) are documented in IPT register, CTC2 cards and CTC2 database on time;
- Back up the CTC2 database on weekly and store backup file off-site;
- Ensure updated version of CTC2 database is running as per NACP requirements and export the CTC2 database to CTC3 Macro as required.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures on data management are available, displayed and followed;
- Work closely with other facility staff to provide quality services to clients attending the clinic;
- Participate in data quality assessment with project staff, R/CHMT and USAID- commissioned implemented partner;
- Respond on time to any data-related requests from the project
- Provide all the data-related support needed in the facility and perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and personal attributes required:
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics or Records Management with at least 2 years’ experience in health facility environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel;
- Experience and skills in using CTC2 database;
- Understanding of data administration and management functions;
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills, sound judgement and attention to detail and quality;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Swahili and English;
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines;
- Good interpersonal and listening skills;
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and patients in a professional manner.
Interested candidates are required to send a cover letter, current CV to
Chief of Party,
Through: – firstname.lastname@example.org
JSI Research & Training Institute Inc.
Regent Street, Plot No. 28
Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam
January 26, 2020. Applicants must state their preferred job location. Please note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a well-
qualified person is identified. JSI – R & T is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.