St Joseph University in Tanzania (SJUIT) is the university owned by trustees of Daughters of Mary Immaculate and Collaborators (DMI) and registered by the Commission for Universities (TCU). The university has three colleges namely campus college of Engineering and Technology (SJCET), The Campus College Of Science and Mathematics (SJUCSME)both located in the main campus at Mbezi Luguruni and St Joseph College Of Health And Allied Sciences (SJCHAS) located in Boko , Dar Es Salaam. The university believes in its mission.
SJUIT is seeking to appoint:
DVC- Resource Management and Administration (DVC-RMA)
Duties & responsibilities
- Be responsible to the VC in all matters pertaining to Planning, Finance and Administration;
- Be responsible to maintain acceptable standards of discipline of staff accordingly;
- Facilitate management of academic programmes in the institution;
- Be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the general administration and personnel management of the University;
- Be responsible for formulating accounting policies and procedures of the University for submitting budgets, audited accounts;
- Be responsible for legal matters of the University;
- Perform any other duties, as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor
Applicants for the listed position must have attained a status of professor or associate professor or its equivalent in either teaching or research or both teaching and research. Preference will be given to candidates in the field of Engineering, Science, Medicine or allied health Sciences and who have an outstanding academic and administrative capability of at least five years at senior management.
Will be competitive and commensurate with the applied position
How to apply
Application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership, and publications, awards/scholarships/funding.Membership to professional associations and linkages and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials, copies of certificates, email addresses and telephone contacts and any relevant supporting documents.
Name and full contact addresses of three references who know the applicants academic and/or work experience.
Deadline: Qualified candidates should send their application to the below address on or before 10th February 2020
Application Should Be Addressed To The:
Search Committee for Deputy Vice Chancellor- ARPE/RMA
St Joseph University in Tanzania,
P.O.Box 11007, Dare S Salaam