|Field Monitor at World Vision January, 2020|
Purpose of the position:
To monitor the delivery, distribution, documentation and reporting associated with all commodities supported to refugees. Work hand in hand with relief committee members
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
Ensure that all commodities delivered at the FDP are properly accounted for.
Based on the approved distribution plan inform the relief committees on the quantities of food expected and ration scales.
Monitor commodity movements, including delivery of commodities at the FDP. Supervise receipt/offloading of food/nonfood commodities to ensure correctness of quantity, content and quality as per the waybill. Ascertain signatures on the waybills documents as well as losses and damages, and excesses. In case of damage arrange for reconstitution.
Oversee the distribution process in collaboration with the relief committees and ensure proper rations are distributed (sharing shelters). Ensure no damaged commodities are distributed to beneficiaries.
After distribution ensure empty containers are collected and accounted for
Liaison and beneficiary relations
- Facilitate the community to get organized and with the help of the relief committees. The composition of the relief committees should include at least 50% of women.
- Facilitate card checking process by the relief committees before distribution.
- Assist community to solve problems related to the food distribution process
- Coordinate and liaise with local authorities, NGOs and counterparts, provide information regarding beneficiary registration, commodity distribution, distribution plans,
- Identify and recommend other needs such as health care, additional food needs, development activities, or any other rehabilitation and/or development activity.
- Treat beneficiaries with respect and dignity.
- Ensure documentation on commodity movements and distributions are properly maintained and submitted to distribution Centre supervisor
- Scrutinize waybills, record underweight and lost quantities, if any.
- Ensure proper documentation of reconstituted commodities.
- Report on any incidences touching on security at the distribution centers.
- Conduct training for the relief committees based on the food assistance program principles.
- Submit report to each distribution cycle, which is gender segregated (obtained from group leaders)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualification required
Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Logistics/Supplies Management, Business Administration and/or Accounting, education and other social science studies.
Ability to work in environment with limited social amenities and changing work schedules.
Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview emotional maturity and physical stamina.
Ability to build strong relationships with local communities, partners and government authorities.
Ability to maintain performance expectation in diverse cultural context, psychologically stressful environment and physical hardship conditions with limited resources