Financial Accounting Job Opportunity at ABA Alliance
Job Title: Financial Accounting Position
ABA Alliance is an emerging professional firm whose strength in the market revolves around the number and mix of its partners and staff with wealth of professional experience. The Firm offers audit and assurance services ranging from accounting, fund management, tax advisory services and many other such services.
Brief Description of the Job Position
The position of Financial Accountant/Consultant consists of being responsible for in house accounting function and client accounting consultancy services thereby ensuring that the accounting function of the firms and its sister company are well managed and the accounting consultancy services that you will provide to our clients are performed in accordance with the terms of reference.
- To manage the financial affairs of the firm and her sister company and to provide accounting consultancy services at our clients.
- Specific Tasks shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare all payment vouchers for the ABA Alliance and ABA Alliance Advisory Limited
- Post all transactions in the accounting system
- Prepare fee notes and bill our clients for ongoing jobs and collect the payment in time
- Manage the petty cash
- Manage the bank transactions including preparing the monthly bank reconciliations
- Issue and manage staff imprest
- Prepare payroll and manage the payroll related functions
- Prepare all engagement letters and manage the debtors
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Prepare final financial statements
- Prepare and file all statutory returns
- Prepare all tax payments
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Manage and reconcile the related party transactions
- Manage and reconcile the partners/directors current account
- Prepare journal vouchers for all transactions that goes in the system by way of JV
- Collect all withholding tax certificates that we get deducted by clients
- Manage and reconcile VAT account with the monthly returns
- Prepare quarterly and annual budget
- Where appropriate and depending on the Terms of Reference and in consultation with the partners/directors provide accounting consultancy services as may be requested by clients from time to time including:
- Preparation of financial statements for clients
- Monthly management client accounts
- Being ready to be a backup for client accounting function on secondment basis and work from there as a full-time financial accountant providing accounting services ranging from: budgeting and cashflow forecasting; bookkeeping and preparation of financial statements; management of bank accounts, petty cash and reconciliation; management of receipt and disbursements; ensuring compliance to tax and other relevant laws and regulations, etc.
The Financial Accountant in Question should be a Certified Public Accountant with at least 3 years and above of working experience and be able to work without or with minimum supervision. Experience in working in both private and donor funded projects is an added advantage
Ladies are encouraged to apply
Deadline and mode of application
Please apply and submit your CV to email@example.com on or 26th January 2020.