Head of Risk Management Job Opportunity at CVPeople Africa
Job Title: HEAD OF RISK MANAGEMENT
Microfinance, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
The major purposes of the role are to establish, implement and enforce a robust risk management framework and systems (policies, processes and tools) covering the ten key risks defined by Global Risk Management function. The Head of Risk Management assists Management to create and maintain a sound risk and internal control environment and within the agreed risk appetite determined by the subsidiary’s management board. S/he will assist management to improve the overall performance and activities of the client subsidiary, and in making decisions on the issues of risk identification, analysis, mitigation, and prevention.
- Support business in developing appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminating appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in the market/industry, laws, regulations, etc.
- Overseeing and enforcing risk management policies and established risk limits to close significant gaps in risk management capabilities (policy monitoring).
- Conduct analysis of operations of the subsidiaryto identify risks and make recommendations for preventive actions.
- Timely investigation, analysis and reporting of compliance issues and/or instances of fraud which can negatively affect the Company’s operations and reputation.
- Manage evaluation of the possible risks (including third-party risks associated with vendor selection and management, as applicable) for the proposed new products, procedures and functions, set up and manage internal control tools and instruments during implementation
- Implement and support AML/KYC compliance and Fraud management directives.
- Manage control activities and reporting of the subsidiary, including the monitoring and reporting of progress against corrective action plans that address control deficiencies/findings identified by management self-assessment or internal/external audit activities.
- Support Management in ensuring compliance of Internal Control functional activities with the Charter/bylaws of the Company, policies, procedures, plans and agreements, decisions of Company’s governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office supervisors.
- Preparation of quarterly Risk reports for the subsidiary-level and FMH Board reporting.
- 15. Conduct periodic branch reviews of the operational and credit processes in accordance with the procedures described in the client Internal Control Manual.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATIONExperience: 7 years
Education Level: Degree
Practical or Microfinance Experience is highly desirable
CLICK HERE TO APPLY