- Continuous implementation, Compliance and improvement of the HSE Management System.
- Ensure compliance to the work permit system and prevention plan by approving work permits and conducting regular audit of the same.
- Ensure that all contractors working inside the facility are trained on Totals HSE requirements and are ICC audited. Contractors needs to complete worksite safety training prior to working in the plant.
- Ensuring day-to-day supervision of high risk works within the plant, conduct inspections and evaluation of the HSE performance of the contractor.
- Identifying potential hazards & conducting HSE risk analysis prior to tender and prior to beginning of works.
- Making the workforce aware of the consequences of the occupational hazards and precautions to be taken prior to being involved in works.
- Conduct HSE inspections, toolbox talks and audits, issue violation notices and recommend for rewards.
- Participate in incident investigation and analysis, follow up of corrective/preventive actions.
- Report all incidents to Lubricant Operations Manager and HSEQ Manager
- Making sure of the availability of proper PPEs and correct usage.
- Create and review HSE programs, policies and procedures and conduct gap analysis of new company rules.
- Execution of Emergency Response procedures conduct drills and site safety meetings on monthly bases.
- Responsible to build a very strong safety culture among employees and contractors working at LOBP.
- Ensure compliance to HSE Policy, site rules, golden rules, use of stop card, local regulations, PPE and day-to- day practices in the plant.
- Coordinate the overall inspection & audit activities, prepare action plan and ensure implementation of actions.
- Ensure that the security personnel are carrying their duties as per the requirements & procedures.
- Inserting all reported incidents and near misses to the non-conformance register and Ramses and ensure periodic follow-up of proposed actions.
- Coordinate site safety meetings, mandatory training (required by the law).
- Protect the environment from pollution (air, land and water).
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by your superiors.
Context and environment
HSE is a responsibility of everyone, your main objective must be to build a strong safety culture among all employees and contractors working at your site.
Working long hours and sometimes during weekend, public holidays.
Close coordination with;
Internally: Operations manager, Plant manager, Logistics & Dispatch and Specialties manager.
Externally: Contractors, Consultants, Transporters, Customers, Government institutions such OSHA & NEMC.