VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) is a Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of Tshs. 22 billion and 53,000 customer base, more that 3,000 of them being small holder farmers. VFT is seeking to employ dynamic and committed Tanzanian who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below:
Work Reference 10
Position: Information Technology Auditor
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit & Investigation
His position is responsible for coordinating and reviewing VFT-MFB Operations against the policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand, comply, implement the Internal Audit Strategy, and contribute towards team goals and objectives.
- Contribute to development of the VFT Microfinance Bank Ltd Annual Audit Plan applying a risk-based approach.
- Understand annual key risk concerns around Information Technology as well as industry and latest trends impacting risk and control practices.
- Deliver allocated assignments within with agreed time, scope, and budget.
- Provide Business and IT management with guidance on IT risk management.
- Conduct and lead IT audits and review of systems, applications and IT processes. These includes Project Assurance reviews, IT Security audits, IT General & Application Controls and review of IT policies, procedures and frameworks.
- Utilize data analytics and tools to analyze data and enhance audit efficiency and effectiveness.
- Document working papers, from planning to reporting, within allocated deadlines.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement in the control environment.
- Provide input on significant and material findings reporting.
- Perform quality and timely issue tracking, validation and reporting.
- Report or share information on emerging trends and potential solutions for addressing control weaknesses, process efficiency challenges or resolving open audit issues.
- Contribute to continuous enhancement of quality control standards and toolkits for audit assignments.
- Build and foster relationships with internal audit teams and stakeholders.
Education & Special / Personal Abilities:
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
- Additional certification e.g. CISM, CRISC; an added advantage. At least 3 years’experience in Information Systems Audit.
- Understanding of Banking Systems, Enterprise Resource Planners (ERPs), Operating Systems and Databases.
- Data Analytics skills including ability to use data analysis tools to perform tests, identify trends, provide insights, interpret and communicate results.
- Understanding of Information Security standards, tools and best practices.
- Understanding of IT Governance and IT Audit fundamentals.
- Knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, risk management and corporate governance.
- Ability to write reports
- Maintain IA Professional Practices: Understands Internal Audit International Professional Practices and consistently apply them to improve the audit methodology and deliverables.
Must be a self-motivated person who can work under tight time frames with minimal supervision
Fluency in English & Swahili, solid verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to present results using strong presentation, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proven experience to produce quality outputs under pressure.
About our working environment & remuneration:
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where employees are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of Application:
Application letters stating the position applied for with photocopies of certificates and CVs with three referees should be sent EITHER online to [email protected] OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O. Box 1546,
The application to reach VFT-MFB not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advertisement
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf