Job opportunities at Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSC), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Extra Neutral Alcohol Distillery (IDTL) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented person to fill a vacancy of IT Manager at Finance Department, reporting to the Finance Head. The successful candidate will be responsible to develop and implement IT strategy and plans in line with company strategic goals.
The key objective of the IT Manager is to develop and implement IT strategy and plans in lino with company strategic goals. Also to provide Mid and High-level Server and Networking support to customers on various IT issues as quickly, competently and efficiently as possible.
- Develop and implement IT strategy and plans in tine with the department and organizational strategies to deliver value adding IT solutions to the company
- Liaise with the relevant business unit heads to analyses the IT needs for the company and its business unite, from an operational and strategic perspective.
- Manage the preparation of the IT budget and ensure there is an adequate provision for monitoring, controlling, and reconciling of expenditure against the approved budgets.
- Direct the IT projects to ensure all project objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner. Define and agree upon internal and external project milestones and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to track project progress, and manage escalations as per deadlines.
- Identify areas of process automation which will increase productivity and efficiency ot resources Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the IT software systems, infrastructure and network
- Develop bushiness continuity plans including the provision of disaster recovery plans and oversee the implementation and testing of the disaster recovery procedures.
- Accountable for the availability and optimal overall performance of IT infrastructure and applications. Identity the key risks posed to business continuity from an IT perspective and develop and implement mitigation strategies. Provide secure IT infrastructure at minimum cost, and ensure privacy of data and security from external threats
- Liaise with the business group IT team to ensure implementation of provided guidelines, policies and controls
- Develop, recommend and implement effective IT policies, processes, and procedures that enable the company to establish systems of governance. Ensure compliance of IT systems with relevant company policies and procedures, local laws and regulations in Tanzania, especially with respect to information security and data privacy.
- Team Development by liaising with the HR department to plan and execute training programs to ensure that the team is well equipped with necessary IT knowledge and skills.
- Manage the relationship with third party service providers for all applications and infrastructure
- Perform any other duties relevant to the role as assigned by the company’s Management as per the business requirements.
Qualification / Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field or equivalent experience
- IT related certification (an added advantage)
- Sound knowledge of up to date digital mobile platforms
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working in IT operations for a mult,national company of which a minimum of 2 years is in a managerial position Strong IT background (technical & future trends)
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration,
- databases and data storage systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-maKing skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
TERMS OF SERVICE: The successful candidate will be engaged on a permanent contract.
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together wth detailed curriculum vitae and three referees with their contacts to the under mentioned addressee net later than two weeks after appearance of this advert. Email [email protected]
The position is open for internal and external candidates to apply.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.