Job Opportunities at UAP Insurance Tanzania UAP Insurance Tanzania is a member of the UAP Old Mutual Group in East Africa, which is a subsidiary of Old Mutual Limited (OML) in Africa. UAP made its entry into the Tanzania market in 2013 after the acquisition of a majority 60% shareholding in Century Insurance Company. We are proud of our contribution in the growth of the Insurance Industry and we actively put our customers, their needs and ambitions at the forefront of everything we do to help them realize their financial goals.
UAPTanzania also plays a role in impacting the community it operates in through various social responsibility initiatives. Our Headquarters is in Dar es Salaam with branches in Arusha, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma, Kahama, Morogoro.Tegeta, Mtwara and Zanzibar.
The company would like to fill the following positions:
Reporting to the Manager – Branch Business, the job holder will develop and grow the business by driving a good relationship between Clients, Agents, Brokers and Banks in region in a manner that ensures achievement of set business targets.
- Direct and control the branch team to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and aligned so as to achieve company’s objectives.
- Raise the company’s profile and enhancing its visibility by positioning it strategically in the Industry through Brand Positioning and Brand Building
- Develop effective branch marketing strategies by creating a sustainable and comprehensive sales and marketing plans.
- Analyze customer research, current market conditions and competitor information at UAP Branch.
- Support Branch in establish innovative processes to manage existing customer expectations
- Ensure standardized services to all customers from Underwriting to Claims
- Growing the company’s portfolio through mining of new and existing clients.
- Facilitation in product development.
- Support Branch staff in recruitment, training and development of a robust sales team.
- Reviewing attrition and assisting in designing retention strategies.
- Maintaining effective communication by establishing healthy PR with customers, management, internal departments in accordance with corporate strategy.
- Handle branch quotations based on proposals and requests to source business and satisfy customers
- Daily servicing of clients to nurture the relationship between the company and our customers
- Conduct branch market intelligence to get information
- Provide support services and training to agents, DSF and Banks partners
- Public Relations – adverts, entertaining media houses to keep clients happy
- Top 30 Universities in Tanzania 2020
- Interview Result At UTUMISHI
- 152 Job Opportunities at UTUMISHI-Public Service Recruitment Secretariat PSRS
- 56 Job Opportunities at Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC)
Minimum qualifications and Work Experience
- Degree in Sales and Marketing/Insurance
- Progress towards CII
- At least 4 years’ experience in marketing insurance products and managing visibility of company brand.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to apply for the roles through: http://careers.uapoldmutual.com/
Applicants must possess or be in the process of applying for a POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE as at the time of making an application.
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
End Date: 2020-03-18
Senior Underwriter 2 Posts
Job Opportunities at UAP Insurance Tanzania To Ensure that the company business is professionally written to an acceptable standard within the underwriting guidelines and arranged reinsurance program
§ University degree
§ Basic Insurance qualification
§ Sales and Marketing Qualification
Minimum of 3 years
· Quotations and Risk Acceptances
– Ensure quotations allocated are done and approved by the Underwriting Manager and dispatched within the agreed turnaround time
– Accept all new agreed proposals which meets acceptable underwriting standards within the delegated authority
· Underwriting Process and Procedures
– Analyze and assess proposal forms and risk notes and confirm correctness within the acceptable underwriting standards
– Ensure all incoming business are captured in the system accurately and monitor backlog status and observe timely month end closing
– Prepare /Issue policies and endorsements for all classes of insurance within the system at the agreed turnaround time
– Process all endorsements within the agreed turnaround time
– Respond to all correspondence within the agreed turnaround time
– Ensure adherence to all the process, procedures and controls within the department
– Ensure Reinsurance allocations are done properly as per treaty on every business before capturing into the system
– Conduct trainings on various covers to team and intermediaries etc
· Risk Management
– Analyze and assess proposals and risk notes and recommend on the need to carry out surveys for small to medium size non-standard risks
– Communicate to the client’s progress on the implementation of surveyor’s recommendations in improving the status of risks written
– Resolve internal control audit recommendations fully and ensure no issue automatically escalates
– Monitor the quantity and quality of work done with ZERO error which may result in disputes with other departments.
· Policy Renewals
– Work on the allocated renewal scrutiny listing 3 months prior to expiry of policy and dispatch renewal notices to producers/clients1 month prior to renewal date
– Follow up allocated policies falling due for renewal and provide weekly report to Underwriting manager to ensure achievement of monthly retention ratio of at least 80%
– Establish unrenewed list by 1st Week on the following month and make counter follow ups
– Liaising with the Reinsurance Section regarding risks requiring facultative reinsurance placements.
– Comply with the agreed filing and record keeping system
· Customer Service
– Attend all customers enquiries and provide prompt attention and efficient service
End Date: 2020-03-18