Job Title: Digital Channel Leader
Location: Barclays House – BBT
Regionally relevant. Locally grounded.
With a history of doing business in Africa for over a hundred years, we have a presence across 12 countries in Africa. A career at Barclays Africa promises opportunity and challenge – an opportunity to be part of an organisation that is changing the future of banking, and the challenge to drive the change and lead us into the future.
Drive awareness of the Barclays Tanzania digital product set within the Frontline community. Enabling colleagues to promote engage and discuss with authority the current Barclays Tanzania digital offering, future Barclays Tanzania innovation products and leading digital industry applications.
- Act as a digital adoption ambassador across BBT, engaging with the business to embrace the digital workplace and digital adoption to drive growth in products and services.
- Establish and grow a community of digital ambassadors across the organisation.
- Own, document and deliver support and training literature for the digital ambassador community.
- Be regarded as a subject matter expert who communicates in a variety of ways; verbally, written, social tools, face to face.
- Deliver a culture of expert support and digital collaboration.
- Communicate regularly and clearly to paint a clear picture of requirements, performance.
- Identify opportunities to maximise our digital offering and areas where we can lead within our industry and the digital market place.
- Utilise both internal and external technical advances and a comprehensive knowledge of internal processes and products to implement change.
- Proactively seek ideas and feedback from the business – engaging directly with internal stakeholders to deliver optimum digital solutions to business issues and showcasing best practice.
- Proactively develop and drive the necessary knowledge and skills required to achieve successful delivery of digital awareness and adoption, driving an increase in the understanding and benefits of digital products and services across BBT and our customers.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships in line with the agreed digital strategy to remain at the forefront of emerging technologies.
- Capture own and resolve any digital service issues identified to improve satisfaction and contribute to improve advocacy.
- Proactively and reactively provide support across a number of branches and operational teams across a regional footprint while maintaining a clear view of operational models for our digital products and services.
- Provide analysis and expertise from Management Information and KPIs to stakeholders to evidence the value adding activities and help to drive additional digital enhancements.
- Be a role model across BBT, communicate with passion, enthusiasm and authority and embrace change as a way of working, lead by example when communicating new initiatives, products and tools.
Risk and Control Objective
In the event of major issues in the business unit, act as crisis coordinator and allocate tasks to the crisis teams.
Review the risk and compliance profiles of the business unit on a regular basis and provide consultative support to the Managing Director on changes that are required to rebalance risk and reward where required.
Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
Adhere to Barclay’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
Keep up to date on all regulatory changes and have the ability to articulate the impact to the Business, be well informed on the industry thinking.
All mandatory training completed to deadline.
Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Higher Certificates and Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
Our Work Experience is the combination of everything that’s unique about us: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our commitment to sustainability, our recognition programs, but most importantly, it’s our people. Our employees are self-disciplined, hard working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make choices according to what is best for the team, they live for opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make us the #1 Top Workplace in the area