Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong foot print in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and now in DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual of to fill the jobs positions below:
POSITION: Senior Manager- Collections and Recoveries
Reporting to the Head of Credit, the Senior Manager- Collections and recoveries will be charged with a responsibility of ensuring that the collections sector is managed efficiently and is equipped to meet its business objectives, to execute collection strategy and maximize prospects of full collection from overdue payments through implementation of collection activities and controls that effectively manages delinquency ratios and losses, whilst maintaining customer good will as well as to coach, train, guide and lead a team of Collections and Recoveries officers in the recovery of outstanding amounts on all substandard and Non-Performing Loans.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- To have an adequate and relevant collection strategy commensurate with the size and risk of the portfolio.
- Ensuring that all Collections & Recoveries policies and procedures are compliant with the country regulations, these should be documented and reviewed regularly.
- Deliver on Collection Strategy Road map for the next 2 years.
- Create significant capability in Collection Analytics to ensure that all collection activities are carried out in compliance with the agreed standards and with due recognition of the regulatory guidelines within the country and the overall Operational Risk Framework.
- Uphold the principles of Treating Customers Fairly during customer interaction.
- Maintain the highest standards of vendor governance.
- Ensure that all risks in Collections & Recoveries processes are identified, measured, monitored and controlled.
- Making optimal use of all collection tools and using analytics and data segmentation to enhance collection efficiency.
- Ensuring constant development of system capability to enhance operating process
- To ensure that portfolio analysis conducted by the Credit team is fully leveraged for collections activity
- Profitability through recoveries, minimization of bad debts
- Minimization of credit losses and increase in profits through releases and lower charge off amounts.
- Business survival through credit risk management
- Implementation and compliance to Credit Policy
- Achievement of budgeted numbers
- Ensuring all Collections policies and procedures are in compliance with Group Policies and in line with local regulations.
- Ensure proper and updated documentation of all in-country policies and procedures are maintained and easily accessible at all times.
People and Talent
- To ensure capacity is managed in accordance with defined Bank’s standards maintaining an active training and learning collections environment to ensure excellence in Collections Management.
- Oversee career development plans of direct reports to ensure robust succession planning and adequate bench strength for the department.
- Provide leadership, coaching and support through participating in objective setting, managing performance and identifying development needs.
- Ensure proper functioning of day to day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely identification and resolution of risk issues.
- Ensure all collections policies and procedure comply with group standard and regulatory guidelines
- Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues gaps arising from internal audits, business risk reviews, Peer Reviews and regulatory reviews – Ensure timely closure of control issues raised by operation risk team as well as ensuring closures with no repeats in the collections area.
- Account for compliance with Operational Risk, against money laundering guidelines, reputational risk and local regulations on collection activities, and data confidentiality policies.
- Ensure timely, accurate submission of reports and information is highlighted immediately.
- Adhere to collection processes, procedures and ensure activities are aligned to Group collection policy and process standards and local regulations.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Bank’s Valued Behaviors.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Equity Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Collections & Recoveries team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Management degree/Professional Qualification in Credit Management preferred.
- 8 years banking experience, 4 of which should have been in credit
- Knowledge in Credit Management.
- Computer literacy particularly proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Good understanding and appreciation of economic environment and its impact on consumers.
- Very good analytical skills needed to analyze economic climate and come up with appropriate collection and recoveries strategies.
- Be able to identify early warning signals.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate others.
- Strong verbal communication skills and an ability to negotiate and influence.
- Able to work under pressure and with stringent performance targets.
Method of Application
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to TZRecruitment@equitybank.co.tz
To be considered your application must be received not later than Feb 29, 2020.