Requisition ID: req8145
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant – Intern
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Intern
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
This position is for 6 months with possible extension to help HR Department in Dar office until June 2020. During the period the HR Intern should be able to abide with IRC Way and follow IRC policies and procedures. Any misconduct, violation of IRC way will lead to termination.
The overall objective of the HR Intern shall be to support the HR Department to be effective at Dar office. The Human Resources Intern assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Intern carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: HRIS such as ATC, workday, Cornerstone etc, employee relations, training and development, executive administration, and recruitment.
- Ensure the implementation of the HR Policies and Procedures and provide day-to-day HR support to IRC Dar office and staff.
- Assist in some recruitment process.
- Assist to ensure proper documents of staff in their personal files to include current contract, job description and all relevant information.
- Ensure all Dar staff personal files are properly documented and has all the required documents.
- Assist the HRO in filling correspondence, drafting letters and other materials (e.g. memos) etc
- Assist in disciplinary issues when required.
- Learn and to assist in preparation of the BVA (Budget Versus Actual)
- Conduct reference check for selected candidate and follow up for prompt response.
- Assist to follow with NHIF card to be obtained on time not more than a month after an employee is registered and documents submitted to NHIF Office on time.
- Assist in follow up with NSSF to ensure staff get their NSSF Membership cards.
- Assist in preparation of different HR reports such as recruitment tracking, monthly HR Departmental report.
- Assist to update the employees Contract tracking sheet for all employees who are on long term or short term contract and send a report to HR Officer two month prior end of contract date.
- Monitoring and tracking of leave records and ensuring all staff leave forms are filed, share the leave balances with Dar Staff on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with the IRC Way, different IRC Policies and Procedures and the ELR Act of Tanzania.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor
- Recruitment process to be completed within a month from the date of advertisement.
- Reference check for new staff completed within 7 working days.
- Employee personal files have current contract and job description and all other important documents.
- All employee personal files are properly arranged for easy access.
- New staff obtain their NHIF Card within a month from the date of submission to NHIF office.
- Timesheets of all Dar Staff are submitted and filed properly.
- Contract tracking sheet is updated and report sent to HR Officer every 15th day of the month.
The HR Intern shall work at Dar Office for Six Month (6). She will receive support from the HR Officer and HR Team members.
Bachelor’s degree in HR management.
Fresh Graduates are highly encouraged to apply (Age between 24-28yrs).
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- A commitment to IRC’s mission and humanitarian principles.
- Receptive to building and maintaining positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
- Resourceful in figuring out how to get things done, seeking opportunities to learn and grow, contributing creative and innovative ideas and serving as a change champion.
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a sense of urgency and an ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Results-oriented approach to planning and prioritizing HR activities.
- Professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage complex HR situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Highly collaborative and consultative approach.
- Top-tier written, presentation and verbal communication skills; ability to convey information effectively and solid experience providing training and staff development in English
- Excellent management, interpersonal, consultative and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious teamwork, in a cross cultural context.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.