Job Opportunity at Marian University College – Principal Marian University College
POSITION: Principal Marian University College
LOCATION: Bagamoyo, Tanzania
Date: 10 February 2020
Marian University College is located in Bagamoyo,Tanzania, and it was accredited by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) in 2015. In its infancy stage the college has achieved its role of promoting knowledge and skills coupled with critical and independent thinking, integrity and self-respect, and ingenuity to the students. Marian University College is among the few higher learning institutions in Tanzania with the state-of-the-art learning and teaching facilities in science subjects and for doing research and consultancy.
Principal is the most senior management position in the University College.The office bearer is responsible for the overall leadership and administrative roles at the University College.
The Principal is the Chief Executive Officer who oversees both academic and administrative functions of the University College and is accountable to the University College Governing Board. The Principal bears the responsibility of promoting and maintaining academic excellence, management efficiency and good order of the University College.
The Principal is appointed to hold office for a term of four years, renewable.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Be an Associate Professor and above.
- Having fundraising, business and marketing skills.
- Visionary, creative, good at networking, passionate about transformation and keen to leave a legacy.
- Displays cultural,gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Excellent in negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive negotiations with the Government.
- Proven experience in managing complex financial matters and management systems.
- Five years of relevant experience, two years of which must be at the senior management level in local/international organizations, government or higher learning institutions with proven initiatives, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex roles.
- Demonstrable experience in leading complex change processes including proven ability to lead and develop capacities of multi and inter-disciplinary professional teams.
Mode of application
Interested individuals should submit application letters accompanied with Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant Academic Credentials and names of three referees with their contacts as one PDF document.
Marian University College is an equal opportunity employer; people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
Marian University College,
The qualified candidates should submit their applications to the above person via email [email protected]
Closing date of receiving the applications is 7th March 2020 at 5:00pm East African time.