Position: Manager: Transactional services
Location: Head Office NBC
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The design, development and delivery of the Transactional services operational plan
- Formulate and own overall operational plan across transactional services, including:Efficient on boarding of client to transactional services products and monitoring of channel/Product needs utilization across the CIB and BB businesses .
- Assist the Head of Cash Management to deliver the Pan-Africa transactional banking strategy in NBC
- Work with the Coverage and Business Banking sales teams to understand & segments customer needs, identify the most valuable customers and create customized propositions
- Co-ordinate transactional services customer support approach to ensure high quality of customer experience to maximize transactional banking revenue
- Proactively support implementation of the cash management initiatives and ensure minimal impact to customer service disruption.
- Become an expert referral point for Operations strategy as it relates to CIB and BB transactional services.
- Build strong relationships with Business Banking and corporate banking stakeholders
- Actively engage business partners (Credit, Risk, Compliance, IT, Operations etc) to drive the acceptance of the transactional services operational plan
Business Management and Delivery
- Drive the Transactional services team to deliver the cash management strategy within the function through providing guidance, regular monitoring aproaches and product peformance reviews.
- Develop meaningful MI that will assist the departments/stakeholders in tracking their performance; provide detailed analysis of the Transactional services portfolio including but not limited to:Client onboarding pipeline,Onbaording turnaround time,cash product utilization per segments to client level, product performance MI measuring uptake and revenue generated from cash products.
- Participate and contribute to the annual and long-term planning and strategy sessions for BB/CIB and Bank as whole.
- Budget accountability – Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of the department in terms of cost performance and management
- Proactively identify initiatives of reducing costs and initiate projects to implement cost saving measures.
- Liaison with key change programmes to understand impacts and requirements on cash Management portfolio, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure suitable capacity planning mechanisms are in place & monitored
People Management/Functional Excellence
- Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive regular coaching and feedback in order to develop to achieve their maximum potential.
- Discuss and finalize Performance Development Plans and ratings for team.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and ensure completion by liaising with the HRBP and Development Partner.
- Review, define & implement roles & responsibilities of the transactional service teams
- Draft succession plans for key roles and update them at least annually.
- Identify talent candidates in the team and ensure that additional development opportunities are created for high potential employees.
- Hiring of suitable candidates within Transactional Services in liaison with the HRBP
- Conduct exit interviews for all employee-initiated departures from the bank.
- Manage staff attendance levels, including approval of leave. Compile monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave, study leave etc.), and submit to HR for record keeping.
- Directly responsible for discipline for members of own team
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognize through the NBC recognition schemes.
- Create an empowering environment for team members, encouraging individual ownership and initiative
Risk Management and Control
- Ensure self and Transactional services team understands and is compliant with all Group,RoA and local regulations and policies, including delivery of all operational Risk and Compliance Attestations.
- Manage real payment risk and deliver risk reporting covering areas such as risk events and dispensation and waivers.
- Manage any transactional services related audit issues and follow-up audit findings to ensure timely closures.
- Maintain proper governance and controls relating to transactional services activities, which are compliant with Group directives/guidelines.
- Comply with local international transactional regulations applicable to the bank.
- Ensure completion of RCA Control Testing process and resolution of all Operational Risk Management issues raised.
- Review snap checks carried out in the department. Own results and follow-up with Team Leaders for all logged snap check issues for resolution.
- Ensure that practices and controls required by Policies are communicated to all relevant colleagues
- Ensuring compliance with the Group process for applications for waivers and dispensations and the notification of breaches of Policies as appropriate
Analytical Thinking – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – BMI – Business Management and Informatics, Banker’s Certification – Tanzania Institute of Bankers, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets all of the requirements), Customer Excellence – Service Management (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), English, Experience in a similar environment at senior management level, Leading people – Team level (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)