Shelter Programme Development Manager
NRC Tanzania is looking for Shelter Programme Development Manager base at Kibondo,Kigoma
The purpose of the Programme Development Manager is to be responsible design, develop and implement Shelter programme in a start-up operation.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop Shelter strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for developing funding proposals (including multi-sectoral proposals), project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage Shelter project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff (including training) and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Develop, coordinate and manage Shelter projects in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Develop, manage and monitor budget(s) according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Develop and plan procedures and tools for implementation of Shelter projects in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- Identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities and assess better ways to assist Monitor the Shelter projects and ensure high technical quality and synergies
- Monitor technical quality of Shelter projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress
- Scale up and diversify Shelter CC operational capacity (recruitment & capacity development)
- Promote the rights of people affected by displacement and explore, asses and promote new and better ways to provide assistance
- Support and integrate gender, protection and advocacy priorities into Shelter programme design
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Emergency & Protracted crisis Shelter assistance in rural and urban contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of refugee camps in Tanzania advantage
- Background in engineering or architecture;
- Experience of working with UNHCR;
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
Duty station: KIbondo
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo
Application deadline: 16/03/2020