ICT Infrastructure Lead
PATH is currently seeking a qualified ICT Infrastructure Lead for an upcoming CDC-funded program, “Health Information System Development, Project Management and Coordinated Deployment for National HIV and Health Sector Systems in the Republic of Tanzania under the Global Health Security Agenda and under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of information systems to support high quality patient centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives. The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The ICT Infrastructure Lead will play a key role in the management of core infrastructure to support the deployment of integrated national HIS. They will be responsible for providing technical support to bring about the successful completion of milestones and objectives per the project workplan and deliverables, in coordination with all project stakeholders and partners.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Lead in the technical evaluation of ICT physical infrastructure needs and requirements to support the national HIS in collaboration with stakeholders and GOT.
- Work with GOT to design and develop the detailed designs of the physical architecture of HIS systems and their performance requirements.
- Support the procurement and rollout of national HIS systems infrastructure, including installation of applications, server deployment, and network configuration.
- Provide support in the management and monitoring of ICT infrastructure to guarantee business continuity by ensuring optimal performance, integrity and security of network, and secure server deployment.
- Conduct routine evaluation of infrastructure and operational aspects, design review, and provide recommendations to improve logical and physical design for continuous improvement to ensure optimal performance of systems and security of data.
- Ensure proper documentation of network and server configurations, routine procedures, and response to change requests.
- Coordinate and manage technology and infrastructure vendors and service providers in collaboration with GOT to ensure adherence to specific service level agreements (SLAs).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in related field
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, Computing, Information Systems or related subjects. Professional certification (e.g MCSA, CCNA) is a plus
- Very strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills including substantial hands-on experience working with ICT networks, server management, and administration.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux server operation systems, administration, troubleshooting, configuration management, and tasks automation.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN systems security, data backup, and recovery.
- Experience as key contributor on integrated solution designs and deliverables of projects that are cross functional and large scale with a long-term roadmap in place.
- Demonstrated learning and contributing beyond scope of current assignments and incorporating those learnings into their role.
- Able to create a highly collaborative work environment consisting of both technical and subject matter experts.
- Detailed-oriented with a proven history as a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience, with the ability to provide the appropriate level of detail.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal at a leadership team level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania