Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000. Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries. Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with chidren. Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities.and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all chidren.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto. Canada and has operations in North America. Europe, the Middle East. Africa and Asia.
In Tanzania. Right To Play is legally registered under the NGO act of 2002 with certificate of compliance number 1501 working in Dar Es Salaam, Kigoma, Morogoro and Mara.
Right lb Play is recruiting exciting positions to support implementation of education program in Kibondo Kigoma
Position – Project Officer
Closing Date: – March 7th 2020
Work location: – Kibondo- Kigoma
Authorized to Work in – Tanzania (for Tanzanian national only)
Employment Start Date: – Immediately
Contract Duration: – 1 year with possibility of Extension based on funding availability.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for overseeing project implementation, effective administration of the project, reporting to internal and external contacts/
stakeholders and relationship management with key stakeholders in Kigoma region.
Project administration (45%)
- Contributes to the formulation of the project strategic plans feeding into the overall country strategic plan.
- Prepares and leads the implementation plan of project activities.
- Guides Field Facilitators on executing the activities.
- Ensures that activities are compliant with RTP methodology and standards.
- Develops and strengthens understanding of our project management cycle with project staff and partners.
- Participates in the planning of budget and tracks activity expenses occurred against cash projections.
- Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures
Team management and Support (20%)
- Conducts performance appraisals for alldirect reports and provides regular feedback on performance.
- Oversees performance of any contract staff such as security guards where applicable.
- Ensures staff understands and complies with RTP policies.
- Assesses training needs of all direct reports with input from project staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Oversees training delivered by Field Facilitators and observes coaches’ performance for certification.
Networking, representation and partnership building 05%)
- Shares activity plans with local NGOs. CBOs and looks for synergies and opport uni ties to work together. Conducts an assessment survey to determine local Partners that RTP could partner with and initiates partnerships.
- Ensures implementation of Memorandum of Understanding and agreements with local representation of Government and Partner organizations.
- Facilitates collaboration and networking with other organizations, government and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and project activities and
- Coordinates planning meetings with partners and represents RTP in various platforms.
Monitoring and Reporting 05%)
- Visits project locations to oversee activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes.
- Works with school directors and teachers to develop their understanding of RTP’s monitoring and evaluation system as it relates to reporting on children and teachers actively involved in sport and play activities.
- Ensures accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative and quantitative monitoring information according to RTP monitoring tools.
- Submits monthly reports to Program Manager and quarterly to external stakeholders.
- Provides quarterly updates of success stories, lessons learned and best practices to project team, stakeholders and the Program Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or any related discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in project management/administration including managing direct reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and delegation skills
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Strong development and team building skills
- Computer literacy in outlook. MS Word. PowerPoint. Excel and Internet
- Understand project management cycle
- Effective report writing and analytical skills *
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili language (s).
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
Knowledge in child and/or adult education
Knowledge in Sport for Development
Experience developing and managing budgets
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying fa this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: TanzaniaHr@righttoplay.com and kindly include title you are applying to and your name in subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age. disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment, that support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
Closing Date: March 7th 2020
Resident of Kigoma region are strongly encouraged to apply.