Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
Title: EU Project F&A Manager
Main objective of the function
- Solidaridad’s certification and beyond program is designed to use voluntary sustainability standards (VSS) to improve market access opportunities for Tanzanian “branded” sustainably produced tea, coffee and horticulture commodities at domestic, regional and international levels.
- The project shall address issues surrounding effective use of certification schemes and related requirements of voluntary sustainability standards (VSS) to improve the positioning and drive market entry opportunities for targeted Tanzanian “branded” sustainable tea, coffee and horticulture products.
- Solidaridad is looking to recruit a Project Finance and Administration Manager in the Tanzania Country Office.
- EU project Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Senior Finance Manager to manage, administer and coordinate activities in the financial accounting functions of the Project.
- It will also involve ensuring smooth processing of work, maintaining acceptable levels of discipline, job performance and productivity.
Position in the Organization
The EU Project Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Regional Senior Finance Manager. S/he will also be expected to work closely with the Tanzania Country Manager, national and regional programming team, and the regional innovation team.
Help Project staff in linking grant budgets to grant work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the projects matches the budget.
Ensure strict adherence to the approved budgets.
Monitor and review activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
Prepare operational budgets and cash forecasts for field offices.
Prepare and submit timely, accurate and complete grants financial reports.
Load/post grants reports in FinancialForce database.
Prepare management reports for decision making purposes.
Support and participate in year-end processes.
Prepare and submit monthly reconciliation reports for review.
Monitoring and Compliance
Monitor Project expenses against the approved budget.
Reconcile Staff cost with payroll for the project staff under grants.
Ensure donor regulations are adhered to.
Perform vendor screening.
Support and coordinate grants end closure processes.
Facilitate audit process for assigned grants both internal and external audits.
Provide relevant information for audit responses.
Review grants PRFs for budget availability and proper coding.
Provide and maintain grants financial information for safe custody and access.
Ensure assets purchased through donor funds are properly utilized and safe guarded.
Attend program technical meetings and give feedback and updates on the financial aspect of the assigned grants.
Ensure good storage of financial reports and records in line with the Solidaridad ECA and donor requirements.
Ensure all copies of final signed grant agreements documents between donors and Solidaridad are available on file.
Verify all supplier invoices for accuracy and matching to receipt of services and goods.
Ensure the travel authorization is correct, approved and in compliance with icipe travel policy requirements.
Perform accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements.
Monitor, prepare and submit details of outstanding advances, commitment, and sub-grant reports as applicable.
Prepare payments to suppliers, staff advances and event participants at the field office.
Ensure all staff advance settlements are processed in a timely manner.
Maintain records of payments and ensure that documentation on all payments are complete, accurate, and in line with Solidaridad policies.
Ensure timely deposit of cash receipts (e.g. float surrenders).
Handle petty cash of the field office and maintain proper petty cash recording.
Prepare petty cash payment vouchers and process cash payment within the approved cash limit of the project.
Prepare bank reconciliations and routinely monitor bank account balances to ensure an adequate cash float level to meet needs.
Effectively manage other assignments as may be delegated to you by the supervisor from time to time.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business management/Administration or related degree.
- Hold a CPA(T) / ACCA qualification.
- Professional membership with a recognized body.
- Have at least five (5) years’ professional experience.
- Practical experience of using Quickbooks and ERP accounting based system is preferred.
- Prior experience in managing EU funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Prior management skills will be an added advantage.
- Understand the funding environment and funder requirements.
Specific Job Requirements
- Extensive accounting skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills: proficient at using excel and accounting software.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and commitment and respect for diversity.
- Strong budgetary, financial management and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their cover letter, CVs and salary expectation to:
Emails: [email protected]
Subject: “EU Project Finance and Administration Manager_ Tanzania”
Deadline: 10 March 2020 at 5:00 pm (EAT).
The CVs will be evaluated as they are received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: This position is open to Tanzanian nationals and/or candidates that can prove they have the right to work in Tanzania at the time of their application.