The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a statutory institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 shareholding basis. Incorporated by the Acts of Parliament of the two contracting states, the Authority’s registered office is in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with two regional administrative centres in Mpika, Zambia and Dar es Salaam.
The position of Computer Technician at the Head Office has become available. Suitably qualified Tanzanians are requested to apply as per details below.
Job Purpose: To provide front line technical support to computer users in TAZARA. in order to maximize equipment availability and utilization.
- To carry out repairs and maintenance of IT hardware and software installations
- To design and install network cabling systems according to International structured cabling standards.
- To create, maintain and update an automated inventory of IT equipment
- To maintain documentation of all network cabling systems and infrastructure,
- To implement procedures and systems to establish weekly status of critical IT resources
- To prepare daily, weekly and monthly performance reports, and
- To perform any relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor from time to time
- Form IV/VI
- Full Technician Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Work experience of not less than four (4) years in a related field.
Mode of Application
Candidates who meet the specified requirements may to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates and contacts for three traceable referees.
The Human Resource Manager
Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority, Head Office
Junction of Nelson Mandela & Julius Nyerere Roads
P.O. Box 2834
Dar es Salaam,
Closing Date: Friday 29th May. 2020
We regret to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.