Job Opportunity at UNHCR|Nafasi ya kazi UNHCR The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Field Office, Kasulu invites qualified internal/external candidates to apply for the following position:
Vacancy Notice No: TANKS/VN/20/004 Associate
Position Title: Programme Officer 10006240
Position No: Category: Fixed-Term Appointment (FTA)
Duty Station: Kasulu, Tanzania
Duration: 1 Year
Start Date: 01 May 2020
Issue Date: 03 April 2020
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Associate Programme Officer (NOB) will be based in UNHCR Field Office in Kasulu. He/she will be supervised by the Head of Field Office and may supervise a small team of local staff. He/she may refer to UNHCR’s Programme Manual (Chapter IV), UNHCR’s corporate and regional strategic priorities, operation plans and other relevant institutional rules and regulations for further guidance.
The Associate Programme Officer will provide programmatic guidance and support with regard to the implementation of protection and solutions strategies within available resources. S/he will coordinate with the other sections/units to ensure harmonized programmatic approaches at all levels and throughout the UNHCR Operations Management Cycle. The incumbent will work in line with the overall UNHCR directions which crucially require working with partners, including with persons of concern, governmental institutions and the private sector, ensuring that programme management is approached as per UNHCR’s Strategic Directions, Global Strategic Priorities (GSPs), Global Compact for Refugees (GCR), and corporate positions on SDGs.
- Teaching job opportunities at Aga Khan Mzizima Secondary School
- Job Opportunity at MUHAS|Nafasi ya kazi MUHAS
- Job Opportunities at Startimes Tanzania|Nafasi za kazi Startimes Tanzania
- All Jobs In Tanzania 2020 Apply Here|Ajira Mpya Tanzania 2020
- How To Pay For Loss Report Online | Tanzania Police Force
The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Job Opportunity at UNHCR|Nafasi ya kazi UNHCR
- Support in assessing and analysing the needs of persons of concern in a participatory manner, using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective as basis for planning.
- Provide support on programmatic aspects of developing multi-year protection and solutions strategies and annual plans with corresponding priorities taking into account corporate priorities.
- Support Results Based Management and programme capacity in light of evolving requirements, programming approaches and gaps.
- Assist the planning process in compliance with planning parameters outlined in the Programme Manual and the planning instructions.
- Support the revision and analysis of plans, mid-year and year-end reports of UNHCR office(s) in the Area of Responsibility AoR), ensure quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Assist in the provision of overall direction to broaden partnerships with key stakeholders in order to maximize the protection and solutions response for persons of concern.
- Provide support to ensure a consistent application of the framework for implementing with partners, including the effective implementation of the policy on selection and retention of partners, management of partnership agreements, risk-based project performance monitoring, and risk-based project audits, among others.
- Contribute to ensure consistent and coherent monitoring approaches, tools and systems across the region, in line with global standards and policies
- Actively contribute to UNHCRs programming of community of practice and continuously contribute to improvements of programming tools and processes.
- Oversee a timely and effective follow-up of internal and external audits observations and recommendations that relate to programmatic issues.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Professional Work Experience
- 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1-year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
- Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or other related fields
Demonstrated experience in programme management including familiarization with the OMC and sound knowledge of Results Based-Management. Demonstrated experience in field operations, sound knowledge on the centrality of protection in programming, Joint Needs Assessments and the principles of targeting.
Demonstrated experience in coordination within an inter-agency context and other actors, in a refugee or humanitarian context. Sound experience in program management training and capacity building activities.
- Project Management
- Results-Based management
- UNHCR’s Programmes
- Experience with coordinating with Implementing Partners (Government/NGO/Corporate)
- Data Management
- Knowledge of English and local language i.e. Kiswahili
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Analytical thinking
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Political Awareness
Interested candidates should express their interest by completing the attached Personal History Form and the Supplementary form if needed in full. Please bear in mind that submission of the Personal History Form which is not signed may render that applicant ineligible for consideration. Please quote the Vacancy Notice Number and Position title.
Due to the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written test followed by oral interview.
Qualified female candidates and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Expression of Interest for the position should sent by email to:
The Head of Field Office
UNHCR Field Office,
Closing Date: 03 April 2020