HOD: Merchant Payments
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Responsible for creating and executing merchant payment strategy provision of expert knowledge. Interacts with other teams within the function or work area, plans and controls resources required for delivery.
Create and execute merchant acquisition strategy (both online merchants and offline)
Create and execute marketing strategy to increase customer adoption
Create and execute e-commerce strategy
Identify opportunities and develop new products, using data and insight to establish the consumer’s problem or unmet need
Oversee the attracting, recruiting, deployment and retention of “A” players for the department
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience in a senior management role within an innovation department, having being exposed to all disciplines.
- Relevant post graduate degree, commercial focus preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in the GSM industry or financial services sector.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Project
- Swahili & English (fluent)
- Project Management – experience with management of project teams achieving deadlines
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor, & business
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the merchant business portfolio; able to identify opportunities for Vodacom and define and implement these opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout Merchant section
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing an advantage, expert word processor and PowerPoint skills a distinct advantage
Modern Marketing Leadership
Segment Strategy and Planning
Always on Marketing
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.
Press Play Below If You are 18+ And Above