Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
The Regulatory / Public Policy Lead focusses upon the development and provision of expert regulatory policy, economic analysis and cost modelling in support of policy development and advocacy within specialist areas with reference to the particular risks and goals of Vodafone and identification of areas within Vodafone where new policy is required. They are recognised as a technical expert providing policy advice on all matters within area of expertise and demonstrate strong public policy understanding in specialist area and the implications of this across wider Vodafone teams. Ensuring compliance with the key regulatory requirements and/or the regulatory compliance programme/matrix across the company.
- To support GSM and Mobile Financial Services regulatory affairs strategies and ensure regulatory requirements are effectively executed to meet business objectives and legal requirements.
- To prepare and update regularly the GSM and Mobile Financial Services regulatory compliance programme, liaise with the line management to ensure and/or guide compliance thereof and assist the line management on all regulatory matters of the Company.
- To coordinate regulatory relationships between the Company and all stakeholders in the sector i.e. the regulators, the Government, fellow operators and consumers.
- To monitor compliance with the terms and conditions of service licenses granted to the Company, and at the same time to ensure that all rights, privileges and entitlements of the Company under the licenses and the laws of the country are protected, enjoyed by the company and not infringed upon.
- To ensure timely availability of advice and guidance to line management and business pertaining to various regulatory issues as and when required
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mix and combination of legal/regulatory skills. Not less than 3 yrs experience
- Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliver
- Not less than 3 years’ experience in handling legal/regulatory matters
- Experience in managing regulators not less than at least 3 years
- A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Bachelor of Laws from a recognized university,
- A Registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and Courts sub-ordinate thereto for not less that 5 yrs experience would be an advantage.
Legal and Regulatory Knowhow
Advice and Solutions
Risk and Compliance
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.
Press Play Below If You are 18+ And Above