Purpose of the position:
Ensure Itilima NTD elimination grant technical support, effectively optimising KOICA grant compliance in project implementation
Accountably execute grant management in a transparent, professional manner, identifying finance risks and advicing project management accordingly. Support in the grant execution through timely disbursement, reconciliation and reporting of project funds in line with WVT finance and grant procedures, finance manual and donor requirements
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
Major Responsibilities: (please define in output format – 1-9 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position)
- Managing the Itilima NTD elimination project grant from KOICA.
- Providing leadership in appropriate grant management advising project manager and project staff on grant administration and compliance.
- Preparing quality grant reports and timely submissions.
- Completing or assisting with agreements, MOUs in line with compliance, monitoring of the grant and processes.
- Oversight of appropriate execution of the project funds, funding documentation and complete reporting requirements.
- Build capacity for project staff, finance officers, in thorough understanding of KOICA grant compliance and execution of project activity funds.
- Leading in project fund tracking, monitoring and planning, producing grant reports and project financial reports as required.
- Delivering agreed outcomes on time, with best practice and minimal exposure to risk, applying quality assurance measures.
- Supporting Project manager obtain Client (KOICA) approvals through thorough and accurate budgets forecasts of annual work plans as necessary.
- Participating in financial, accounting and budgeting processes as required
- Facilitate project audit exercise, participate in preparation of management responses and ensure timely submission, monitor implementation of audit recommendations.
- Any other duties as directed by Project manager and Grants Finance Manager.
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
Undergraduate degree or professional qualifications in accounting, finance and grants management
Experience: At least 3 years in programming in an NGO
Preferred: CPA (T) with working experience in managing grants , accounting and finance
Technical Skills & Abilities:
Good communication skills
Experience in working with KOICA donor funds or multilateral organizations
Good planning and organizational skills
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with project staff and project beneficiaries