Position : Chinese Relationship Manager (Mandarin Speaking) – Commercial Banking – (1900016189)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia , Africa and the Middle East .
To us , good performance is about much more than turning a profit . It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviors – do the right thing , better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise , Here for good .
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization . This , in turn , helps us to provide better support to our broad client base .
- Grow and retain profitable CB clients
- Provide clients with needs-based solutions
- Build trusted client relationships
- Maintain a high level of client engagement
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Portfolio maintenance
- Portfolio analysis
- Understand the Client Value Proposition (CVP)
The Role Responsibilities
- Relationship Management
- Be flexible , responsive and accessible; maintain frequent but added-value contact with a client
- Build relationships with decision-makers and influences within a client’s circle of influence
- Follow up quickly on outstanding issues , updates or questions to ensure flawless execution
- Act as an advocate for the client and help them to navigate the Bank
- Obtain feedback from the client and seek to exceed their expectations
- Able to drive CVP at a strategic level related to certain business segments .
Provide expert guidance to the team on targeting market prospects
Align profitability goals with client needs by negotiating terms as a package with the group
Shape client base segmentation and business development strategy
Provide expert guidance to the team on holding a client pitch
Risk & Compliance
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics , including regulatory and business conduct , across the bank
- Understand and implement the Bank’s procedures to independently assess and recommend strategies for and credit exposures to clients
- Formulate and lead in building bank’s short term and long term credit risk strategies at unit/country level
- Ensure that staff only pitch relevant Financial Markets products to clients based on their risk profile within the appropriateness framework
Credit Risk – Core
- Perform with confidence credit and accounting analysis techniques , including cash flow analysis , ratio analysis and sources of revenue for a client
- Apply knowledge of working knowledge of internal credit and regulatory policies , procedures , guidelines and products etc , in managing client and portfolio level credit risks
- Follow the Bank’s procedures to complete the risk assessment and recommend strategies for and credit exposures to clients with a moderate risk profile
- Ability to identify opportunities in offering the appropriate product to the client from the bank’s product suite keeping in view the customer risk profile and credit facility needs .
- Monitor for early warning signs of changing risk environment which may impact client and breaches in approval terms and conditions . The candidate should be in a position to understand and propose necessary actions that work together with the best interests of the bank .
- Respond quickly to all internal or regulatory requirements or policy changes
Also Read :
- Public Health Specialist at U.S. Embassy
- 2 Job Opportunities at Aga Khan Health Service (AKHST)
- Program Manager – Trachoma at HKI
- Field Supervisor at Ifakara Health Institute
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business or accounting related degree .
- MBA/ACA preferred .
- Minimum 7 years experience in a corporate banking environment of which minimum 2 years should be of managing corporate client relationships .
- Sound understanding of corporate treasury products , trade finance products , Retail Clients products .
- Strong credit appraisal and marketing skills , with the ability to interpret complex financial information .
- A good understanding of the general , economic , political and business environment of the region .
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills .
- High-quality experience in a credit management position with proven ability to manage a team .
- Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions for Chinese Relationship Manager