Job Title : COUNTRY FLEET MANAGER
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services . By connecting small shops to the digital economy , we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable . Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs , no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya , Tanzania,and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time . We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment .
Our Vision; to dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021 . Sokowatch will provide everything a duka needs , no wholesalers or distributors necessary .
Reporting to; CEO
The role of a Country Fleet manager will be responsible for planning , communication , policy development , ensuring statutory compliance and administration of all fleet management processes . The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring fleet safety compliance , fleet budgets and controlled costs with most effective fleet allocations .
- Responsible for a fleet of 60 plus Tuk tuks and motorcycles
- Evaluates vehicle inspection reports , repair quotes and repair invoices .
- Coordinates with all vehicle mechanics to ensure they are on time and being diligent .
- Serves as primary contact for all field level staff assistance (i.e . vehicle breakdowns , field assistance , mechanical issues , loading issues , etc).
- Serves as primary contact for all fleet relevant suppliers .
- Ensure all Sokowatch vehicles road requirements are up to date (i.e . insurance , inspections , NTSA requirements , etc .).
- Ensuring all Sokowatch drivers have valid and current documents (i.e . licenses and additional requirements).
- Development and implementation of fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic reports on operating costs , purchase and control over maintenance .
- In charge of team workload and performance of his branch fleet managers .
- To oversee fleet replacement program including recommending annual fleet replacement; develop specifications for purchasing equipment and vehicles .
- To ensure the work environment is in compliance with government , safety and environmental standards; assure the workshop areas , equipment and materials are maintained in a safe , clean and orderly manner .
- Previous fleet management experience
- Previous fleet management process design and implementation experience
- Vehicle maintenance experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Supplier communication and relationship management experience is a plus
- Ability to adapt in fast paced environments with various teams
- Mechanics certifications are a strong asset
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud based storage solutions , like Google Drive is an asset
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest process and company improvements
- Minimum 5 years managing fleet administration
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
- Driving Change
Qualified candidates to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearing indicating ‘Warehouse manager Dar es salaam’ on the subject by 30th November 2019 . The successful candidates must be ready to join us ASAP.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com