Key Job Functions :
1 . MEL Framework , Planning and Implementation : Oversees the development and implementation of Pathfinder’s MEL strategy and related policies , guidelines and standard procedures for monitoring , evaluation and learning projects . Leads the department to develop effective MEL plans , design and implement MEL systems , provide quality assurance for MEL activities and data , and contribute MEL plans for project proposals (including development of illustrative indicators , targets , and baseline information).
3 . Impact Studies : Directs or oversees the development of evaluations to assess the progress , effectiveness and impact of Pathfinder activities and oversees internal project evaluations . Identifies programmatic success , challenges and lessons learned and ensures appropriate flow of information to the organization’s leadership .
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies :
- Country Specific Public Health System : Deep knowledge of the country’s public health systems .
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services : Deep knowledge of FP and SRHR principles , practices and services of programs , including program strategies and indicators , and the latest professional developments in SRHR , including special challenges faced in Tanzania and beyond
- Thought Leadership : Proven ability to link M&E , research , knowledge management , learning , documentation and information systems in providing country wide strategic direction for MEL .
- Quality Assurance : Deep knowledge of quality improvement , assurance and audit principles and practices in SRHR
- Proposal Development : Mastery of skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal , resource mobilization
- Research Methods : Mastery of knowledge and ability to apply quantitative and qualitative research methods .
- Data Collection Methods : Mastery of knowledge in data integrity and collection methods .
- M-Health : Familiarity of M-Health and Digital health and experience of using mobile applications for data management and visibility
- Program and Project Planning and Management : Deep skills in project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives , including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities .
- Change Leadership : Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner .
- Presentation Skills : Proven ability to make presentations on results to small and large groups .
- Community Relations : Mastery of skills in facilitating working relationships with key constituents , including government and partners .
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies
- Software Applications : Advanced knowledge of MS Excel , PowerPoint , Word and Outlook .
- Languages : Proven writing and speaking skills using English
- Communication and Influencing Skills : Proven ability to influence others , including governments , donor agencies and local partners , through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills .
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health : Demonstrated commitment to family planning , reproductive health services , gender , maternal , child health services , and eradication of harmful traditional practices .
- Self-Management and Teamwork : Ability to work independently or as a member of the team , ability to work with people from different cultures , ability to pay attention to details , and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment .
- Matrix Management : Ability to thrive in a matrix-ed organization .
- Confidentiality : Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters .
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in demography , epidemiology , statistics , social sciences or a related field , or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies .
- 7 years of progressively responsible experience in MEL health/development and quality assurance .
- 5 years’ management and supervision experience
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV , including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on November 8,2019 Applications should be addressed to the
Director for Human Resources and Administration ,
Dar es Salaam
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com