EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON CONTRACT BASIS (URGENT)
Mbeya University of Science and Technology invites applications from suitably and competent persons to fill vacancies that exist in the Directorate of Estate and Technical Services at the University on Contract basis .
Job Title : ESTATE OFFICER (Quantity Surveyor) (1 POST)
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Building Economics from recognized institution .
- Ensures maintenance and cleaning of University properties and environment
- Examines bills of quantities
- Prepares work schedules
- Prepares budget for maintenance works
- Participates in drawing-up short and long term programmes for the general improvement of the landscaping of the campus grounds and drainage systems
- Keeps and maintains relevant equipment in good working order
- Assists in innovative approaches to conditioning , maintaining , and upgrading the built and un-built environment
- Assists in the planning , organizing , implementing and controlling of Estate activities and services
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor .
- Salary Scale : PGSS 7 .
- Tenure Contract
Successful candidates shall hold the office for One (01) Year and may be renewed upon satisfactory service .
NB : GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania Applicants must attach an up – to – date/current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address , e-mail address and telephone numbers . iii . Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement . iv . Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates :
- Form IV and Form VI results slips are strictly not accepted vi . Testimonials , Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted .
- Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate legal action .
- Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply .
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts .
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Women are highly encouraged to apply .
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on the date of interview xiii . Application letters should be written in English .
- Dead line for application is 11/11/2019 at 3:30p.m .
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS;
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org