Information and Innovation Officer – Global Humanitarian Surge Platform
This role can be based anywhere .
The Global Humanitarian Surge Platform (GHSP) operates on behalf of the members and SCI ,
and is dedicated to identifying ,
developing and deploying skilled and experienced surge staff from across the movement to meet the needs of our domestic and international responses .
This helps to improve our response quality ,
and effectiveness; ultimately ,
this will save the lives of children and their families .
The platform is responsible for :
• Ensuring our humanitarian responses have access to suitably skilled and experienced staff they need to deliver a high quality and timely humanitarian response;
• Managing the end to end deployment process for all surge deployments;
• Identifying and developing future humanitarian surge staff to meet the needs of our responses;
• Identifying new and innovative ways to meet the surge needs of our responses .
The Information and Innovation Officer is a key role sitting within the GHSP team and is responsible for supporting on analysing the requirements and environment within humanitarian responses ,
supporting surge systems and helping to drive innovation within humanitarian responses .
• Outstanding communication skills (written & oral English) including the ability to communicate and present complex data both at a technical and non-technical level .
• Strong interpersonal skills .
• Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question current ways of working within the team as well as partners across functional areas with integrity/sensitivity
• Experience of facilitating productive workshops ,
preferably in multi-cultural contexts .
• Strong analytical ,
numerical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
• Cultural awareness and ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
• Strong office skills (Excel ,
Word and their integration).
• Strong business requirement gathering process/work flow analysis skills
• Understanding SQL and database skills
• Ability to commence working day between GMT +4 to +8
• Understanding of Microsoft SQL Azure
• Experience of Microsoft PowerApps and Flow
• Experience of Power BI and preferably with Microsoft compatible tools for data analysis
• Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
• French ,
Arabic or Spanish language skills .
• Experience of working in the humanitarian sphere with a broad understanding of surge and key staff functions to provide relevant analysis and advice .
• Experience of financial systems and processes ,
including budget management
This role complies with local labour laws and Tax/Social security provisions of the candidate’s base location .
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises ,
or those that need better healthcare ,
education and child protection .
We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard .
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030 :
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that ,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization ,
and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children .
We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career ,
along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition ,
and integrity are highly valued .
Application Information :
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application ,
and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations .
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process , which includes rigorous background checks , reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse .
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy .
CLICK HERE TO APPLY