Graduate Mining Engineer (Geita)
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining . AUMS is part of Perenti (Formally the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider . We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania , Egypt , Ghana , and Burkina Faso and in Australia and India . We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success , and we are looking for talented people to join our business . We seek to build teams who are loyal , committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients . In return , we provide state of the art facilities , equipment , technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas . We look forward to receiving your application for the following position .
Geita Gold Mine , Geita
Position purpose :
To assist Senior Mining Engineer and Site Management with the technical mining issues on site and/or department , interpret and analyse mining physicals and site costs , and to integrate with the client technical services department .
Duties and Responsibilities :
Essential Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering , with a high standard of academic attainment .
- Ability and willingness to complete practical hands-on underground mining training .
- A demonstrated passion for safety and a proactive attitude toward ensuring that safety is front of mind for all employees at all times .
- Work independently and fully capable of applying established standards .
- Ability to manage the mining contract and manage mining costs .
- Ability to communicate and liaise with employees and client site management .
- Ability to accurately prepare monthly mining progress claims and present on time to client .
- Ability to schedule labour .
- Understanding the mine reporting system .
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s Licence .
- Senior First Aid Certificate .
- Willingness to participate in drug and alcohol screening , zero tolerance for positive results .
- Membership of a relevant professional body .
Highly Desirable :
Underground Supervisors Certificate of Competency or First Class Mine Managers (FCMM) Certificate of Competency .
Demonstrated experience of assistance management role in high productivity underground contracting environment with world class productivities (250 meter per month per jumbo , 50000 ore tonnes per month)
Have in-depth knowledge of MinRep , Deswick , Vulcan , and Surpac etc , and be able to design and implement relevant templates for reporting and recording .
Ability to assess mining working conditions and environment .
Understanding of mining equipment and human resource capability and productivities .
If you have the necessary skills , drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team , we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply . Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment .
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org