Job Opportunity at GIZ IT Professional
GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation . We offer demand-driven , tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide . Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability.We advocate for human rights , equal opportunities and integrity , and we promote market-oriented , ecological and social economic development . We work to shape a future worth living around the world .
The GIZ Country Office Tanzania is looking for a qualified person to fill the position of IT Professional .
Duty station : Dar es Salaam
Terms of the Contract : Fixed term contract
- Ensuring that IT and management systems operate and function correctly implementing and complying with GIZ IT standards
- Regularly updating computer software providing technical support to projects and programmes relating to IT and databases
- Ensures the availability of up-to-date hardware (laptops , servers , all PCs) in accordance with current GIZ standards
- Deals with maintenance of PCs , notebooks , printers , digital cameras , scanners and other hardware
- Discusses possible new purchases of or improvements to hardware and networks with the administrative manager , based on the requirements and recommendations outlined in GIZ’s IT guidelines
- Implements , maintains and configures all standard GIZ software (e.g.APS.AMS , MS Office,WinPACCS , SAP)
- Tests new or upgraded software and updates all the software to the latest versions
- Provides and maintains backup programmes to ensure system availability
- Regularly updates antivirus software
- Maintains and updates existing web sites
- Coordinates necessary modifications to the existing home page in consultation with office management and the project or programme managers is responsible for the availability of the LAN , installs any updates and ensures routine , professional maintenance of the necessary hardware , installs and maintains the LAN
- Consults with suppliers to guarantee the availability of the network , telephone system and IT hardware
- Monitors the market for quality and value for money , and is responsible for specifying and procuring computer equipmen
Required qualifications , competences and experience
- BSc/MSc in IT
- Familiarity with IT hardware and software used at GIZ , IT network systems , database software , GIZ intranet and basic understanding of specific GIZ software (SAP , APS , AMS , PACCS , etc .)
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software , phone,fax , email,the internet) and computer applications (e.g . MS Office)
- Good knowledge of English , ideally a knowledge of German
Microsoft IDA knowledge is an advantage Applications :
Interested candidates are invited to send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com
Please use the subject line “IT Professional”.
Closing date for submission : 31.10.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender , origin , religion/belief , disability or any other minority group .
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org