Global Procurement Associate
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006 , One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive . We provide quality farm supplies on credit , delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes , and agricultural training to improve harvests . We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous : On average , farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund .
We are growing quickly . We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa , with more than 7,500 full-time staff , and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020 .
The Global Procurement teams manage over $8M in spending each year across over 12,000 transactions and handle all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 800,000 smallholder farmers .
We are looking for someone to help improve process efficiency , drive 5% of purchasing cost out of the system , implement process/systems improvement projects , and help build team capacity across multiple countries of operation .
You will report to the Global Procurement Manager , directly oversee procurement operations in at least 2 countries of operation and help deliver a world-class purchasing department at the feet of our 800,000+ farmers across East and Southern Africa .
Manage Tanzania and Zambia Procurement teams. Promote execution excellence through outstanding processes and capacity building .
- Deliver goods on time , at the right specifications and at prices below market rates
- Set clear expectations for all staff and hold them accountable
- Tap into local talent pools to hire top performers with strong potential for growth
- Create a culture of cost-saving across the Procurement team and its important partners .
- Use forecasting to increase timeliness and efficiency , reduce procurement cycle times , and reduce unit costs through better economies of scale .
- Innovate cost-saving initiatives .
- Oversee controls and fraud prevention activities .
- Strengthen quality assurance and inventory management processes .
- Maintain accurate data to inform business decisions .
Also Read :
- Procurement Officer (PO) at HelpAge
- Transport Officer at ETDCO
- Job Opportunity at SOS Children’s Villages, Program Officer
- 3 Job Opportunities at ELCT- ECD, Cleaners/ Room Attendants
- Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist at ICAP
- Job Opportunity at One Acre Fund Tanzania, Collection and Recovery Coordinator
- 2 Opportunities at TCAA, Aerodrome And Ground Aids Developmental Inspectors
- Sales Team Leader at Platinum Credit
- Develop teams of procurement professionals who feel supported .
- Identify operational challenges and define strategies to reach performance targets .
- Maintain performance tracking tools
- Manage key stakeholders across countries and share procurement performance data candidly .
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people . You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager , access to mentorship and training programs , and regular feedback on your performance . We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals . You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career .
We are looking for professionals with 5+ years of experience in a demanding professional environment , preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required . Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply :
- 5+ years’ experience including 2 years of people or project management experience (experience managing remote teams is a plus)
- At a minimum , a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position
- Humility . We are looking for passionate professionals who combine leadership with good humor , patience and a humble approach to service .
- Passion for capacity building and investing in others
- Experience in procurement , supply chain , engineering , or consulting preferred , but not required
Language : English required