Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region . The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti , an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa , with operations in more than ten countries , in four continents . The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Goldfields of North Western Tanzania , only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria . The company has its head office in Geita , only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita , and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam . Applications are invited from ambitious , energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below :
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Purchasing/Supply Chain Management /Logistics & Transport/Clearing & Forwarding or equivalent .
- At least 5 years’ experience in clearing and forwarding operations in the mining environment or equivalent .
Purpose of the Role :
- Ensuring an effective and efficient clearing and forwarding of imported and exported goods .
Main or Key Accountabilities:
The Logistics Officer’s duties will be the following and not limited to;
- Focal point for clearing of goods imported from overseas through in all Tanzania border entry points/ports (Dar es Salaam Port , Julius Nyerere International Airport , Mwanza , Sirali , Tunduma , etc)
- Receive shipment pre-alerts and initiate duty assessment requests with TASAC
- Follow up on duty assessments from TASAC and submit duty payment requests to GGM Finance department for duty payments
- Follow on the various permits from other regulatory authorities (GCLA , TBS , TMDA , SUMATRA , Ministry responsible for Transport etc) required during importation and transportation of goods
- Coordinate payment of fees and release of goods from organisations (TPA , TICTS , Shipping Companies , ICDs , etc) involved in importation , handling and storage of goods
- Coordinate verification of goods with the relevant authorities (Port Terminals , TASAC , TRA , TBS , TMDA etc)
- Work with inland logistics contractor to ensure smooth loading and transporting goods to site .
- Coordinate resolution of issues related to documentation required in clearance process
- Follow up on exports from mine site with Logistics contractor and relevant authorities and Port Terminals .
- Management reporting on agreed key performance areas .
Additional Requirements :
- Good Microsoft skills
- Valid Tanzania Driver’s License
- Good analytical abilities and attention to details
- Good problem-solving skills
- Is a strong negotiator
- Good knowledge of Tanzania Laws and Regulations related to Clearing and Forwarding , Customs declaration , TASAC Clearance processes and Shipping Incoterms)
- Willing to work on extra hours including w/ends and public holidays where necessary
Mode of Application :
- Application cover letter (Subject should be : Logistics Officer and/or quote the job number), detailed CV , copies of relevant certificates , e- mail and telephone contacts , names and addresses of three referees , to be forwarded to below address .
- You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews .
Contact Address :
Also Read :
- Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank, Finance Business Partner – Corporate
- Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank, Manager; Strategic Partnership
- Job Opportunity at HelpAge International, Procurement Officer
- 3 New Job Opportunities at Speedball Courier Services Ltd
- Emergency Operations Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Job Opportunity at Africa Academy for Public Health, Project Manager
- Driver 50 Posts at Simba Logistics
- Job Opportunity at SOS Children’s Villages, Program Officer
- Job Opportunity at Diageo Tanzania – Business Performance Lead
Application Deadline :
- Application letters should reach the above on or before 15 November 2019 .
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews .
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position . Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity , please report this immediately to our Security Department , Investigation Unit , by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org