Network Director at Vodacom Tanzania
Job Number : VDTECH45
Role purpose :
Formulation and execution of the overall network technology strategy aligned with the Group Technology blueprint and roadmap and with the local market business strategy to ensure network coverage and quality differentiation and service user-experience superiority .
To lead the entire Network team toward excellent performance standards by monitoring , analyzing and controlling end-to-end Network architecture and service design , site rollout and program management , KPI’s and SLA assurance to ensure operational excellence and adherence to company strategy , goals and Regulatory compliance .
Network CAPEX & OPEX budget planning and execution through implementation of cost optimization initiatives , effective program management and commercially-driven network investment for maximization of financial returns .
Key accountabilities and decision ownership :
1 . Leadership (people and stakeholders)
- Develop and maintain a strong control environment which ensures compliance to all relevant policies , agreements codes , values of the company and local Authorities .
- Work closely with the senior management team to secure , transform and develop services and be responsible for setting , development and achievement of company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims within an endorsed business plan .
- Define and lead the strategic vision of the department for World Class Operational Standards and processes and ensure it is communicated and agreed by all key stakeholders .
- Strive to achieve and frequently exceed objectives and goals set for the year through proper implementation of strategies with stakeholders .
- Establishing key deliverables and frequently review as per group policies to ensure that the team can deliver against targets .
- Lead business planning and management of unit staff by coaching , developing and establish succession plans for the entire team .
2 . Network Technology Strategy Formulation & Execution
- Leverage technological advancements and evolution to formulate a robust Network Strategy for organizational competitive advantage .
- Develop network architecture and service design roadmap to ensure efficient network coverage & capacity enhancement and continuous network performance improvement .
- Ensure execution of the Network strategy through budget planning and control , investment prioritization and cost optimization .
3 . Performance Management & Reporting
- Review , direct and provide updates when required on performance of the department , divisions and processes within .
- Review and approve sub-units’ processes , initiatives and activities to ensure their alignment with overall Vodacom goals and strategy .
- Identify , promote and implement initiatives to improve Network performance .
- Working closely with Business partners to enable a transition and executions of projects and new operating models when required .
- Support the team in resolving operational process and control issues .
- Ensure that the service delivered by vendors to the company is well taken care of and provide feedback and reviews to ensure smooth running of operations to Vodacom’s advantage .
- Provide timely feedback and direction in case of abnormalities and exceptional requirements .
4 . Organizing & Staff Management
- Work with other departments and supporting stakeholders to ensure the Network Division receive required support from supporting departments such as Legal , Human Resource , Finance , etc . and all cross-departmental issues are resolved adequately .
- Organizing and budgeting of unit human and financial resources to maximize business unit and overall effectiveness and profitability .
- Maintain a stable , highly skilled staff complement . Ensuring availability of core competences , training & development requirements .
- Communicate and network effectively , establishing and maintaining positive relations and partnerships with authorities , commissioners and other key stakeholders .
- Ensure that internal communication processes are effective and inclusive .
5 . Vodacom Way
- Customer Obsessed – passionate about exceeding customers’ expectations (internal and
- Innovation Hungry – create and deliver new ways of working , striving for world class delivery .
- Ambitious & Competitive – bringing energy and passion to be the best
- One Company Local Roots – working across Vodacom and Vodafone to achieve the best for our people , customers and shareholders
- Speed – relentlessly prioritise and pursue the outcomes that matter to our business
- Simplicity – we make things simple for our people and customers
- Trust – we are reliable and transparent to deal with
Also Read :
- Head Procurement Job at NMB Bank(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Project Coordinator at VSO International Tanzania
- Camp Assistants at the Danish Refugee Council
- Portfolio Manager Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank PLC
Must have technical/professional qualifications :
- University Degree in Telecommunication/ Electrical Engineering .
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunications network & service architecture , trends and evolution
- Financial Management
- Project management
- At least 8 years’ experience in Telecommunications Operations Management Inclusive of
- At least 6 years of leadership/supervisory experience .
- Proven experience of working with multiple suppliers/vendors/ partners
- Proven experience of working in a complex regulatory environment
- IT background provides an added advantage
- Manage staff working across multinational environments and stakeholders
- End-to-end knowledge of Network Operations processes .
- Strategic thinking
- Performance management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Senior Leadership Potential indicators : Engage , Applied Thinking , Change Management and Drive
- Good communication and sound interpersonal skills
- Analytical , Problem-solving and Decision-making skills
Planning and organizing skills
- Performing through People
- Partner & Contract Management
- Managing a Changing Environment
- Making a Personal Difference
- Delivering Results
- Communicating for Impact
- Assertive and results-oriented
- Participative management
- Resilient – ability to work independently and under pressure .
- Putting Customers Firsthttps ://vodafone.taleo.net/careersection/2a/jobdetail.ftl