Superintendent – Underground HME Maintenance at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region . The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti , an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa , with operations in more than ten countries , in four continents . The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania , only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria . The company has its head office in Geita , only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita , and also a supporting office in Dar Es Salaam . Applications are invited from ambitious , energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below :
Superintendent – Underground HME Maintenance .
Job Number :
We Also Recommend you to Read :
Number of Positions :
Works For :
Senior Manager — HME Maintenance .
• A recognized Trade qualification in Mechanical or Electrical .
• Full Technician Certificate (FTC) / Ordinary Diploma in Mechanical Engineering .
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage .
OEM Certificates (CAT & SANDVIK)
• A qualified Underground Heavy Equipment Mechanic or Electrician with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in underground heavy mining equipment maintenance repair with at least 5 years working in international/ multi-national organisations .
• Proven experience and ability to lead and direct underground mining equipment maintenance personnel/teams .
The role holder must have proficient knowledge in the following areas :
• Heavy Equipment Mechanical and or Electrical Artisan
• Extensive experience with the maintenance of TEREX and CATERPILLAR mining equipment
• Expert knowledge and experience with the tools and equipment used in the maintenance of the GGMMining fleet .
• Knowledge of equipment inspection and routine servicing procedures to be used at GGM .
• Expert knowledge in the planning and execution of major maintenance for the mining fleet including undercarriage and major component replacement project work
• Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
• Knowledge of record-keeping
The role holder must demonstrate the following skills :
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of the mining equipment in use at GGM
• An expert understanding and skill level with all tooling and machinery used in the maintenance of the GGM mining fleet .
• Ability to operate required tools and equipment in a safe and accountable manner
• Must be able to use approved work methods to solve problems .
• Must have decision-making skills to perform a task assigned to you in the safest and most efficient manner not to jeopardize safety or production .
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills in English
• Ability to read and write to maintain daily logs
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills
Purpose of the Role :
The role holder will be required to practice sensible and ethical leadership skills to the underground mining equipment maintenance team and ensure a high level of equipment maintenance and repair work is maintained all the time . This is to ensure that the team is motivated and equipment safety at the workplace is maintained , underground mining equipment availability and reliability are also maintained , and equipment is safe to operate .
An intrinsic responsibility of this role is to establish and execute technical development plans for key national members of maintenance within the department , to ensure the development of national workforce to a level of heightened and improved competency .
Main or Key Accountabilities
Safety management :
• To perform the leadership functions in terms of both safety leadership and behavior .
• Lead and support our workforce to work safely by identifying and managing workplace hazards associated with the work being performed .
• To lead the UG engineering section in identifying and ensuring appropriate mitigation of all hazards (inclusive of the management of major hazards and critical controls) within the UG engineering section .
Maintenance Leadership & Technical :
• Motivate and maintain good work moral to the maintenance team
• Development of scope of work for major works associated with the mining fleet .
• Ensure work is performed to the OEM’s requirements and that best fitment and installation practices are adhered to and imparted to the workforce .
• Maintain a register of training for employees and to ensure the workforce is capable of working without supervision .
• Continually check all work in progress monitoring quality .
• Write repair reports with photos on each major failure and document repairs of the same .
• Support the team to comply with the work schedule while attending to emerging work efficiently and to ensure availability and reliability of equipment is optimized .
• Assist the teams to develop work packages and procedures for all work performed so that accurate work packages are established for future work .
• Work with the planning team to ensure spares and materials are optimized under the VMI contract with MANTRAC and SANDVIK
• Help identify work to be raised through the maintenance system into each equipment’s backlog for coming services .
• Be part of an on-call roster at all times which ensures experts are available for advice to remediate breakdowns and equipment reliability issues .
• Commit best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned by the immediate manager .
• Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries , including required behaviors , company policies , standards , procedures , and legislation requirements .
• Disclose timely information to an immediate manager when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with less time or resources than planned .
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Demonstrate sound work ethics .
• Fostering a team environment -Inspiring and
• Managing oneself- Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
• Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationship;
• Building Trust & Accountability — Displayinghigh levels of integrity and honesty;
• Computer literate — proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Strong managerial and people skills .
• Problem-solving and analytical skills .
• Disciplined and process-oriented .
• Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues .
• Fluent in the English language .
• Basic first aid knowledge .
• Valid Driver’s License and UG driving experience
Mode of Application :
Application cover letter (Subject should be Superintendent – Underground HME Maintenance and/or quote the job number), detailed CV , copies of relevant certificates , email and telephone contacts , names and addresses of three referees , to be forwarded to below address .
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews .
Contact Address :
applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department .
Application Deadline :
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position . Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity , please report this immediately to our Security Department , Investigation Unit , by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org