This position is responsible for CBU Strategy, Reporting and Consumer Insight.. All reporting to the Vodacom Tanzania Management and Finance Group, including but not limited to reporting on Marketing operational performance, investment plans, key performance areas and various other areas as required by the Vodacom and Vodafone Group. The role will also include the planning of the key Marketing commercial strategies and the measurement of it against pre-defined criteria on a monthly and weekly basis. This role will also include the alignment of all reporting to the structured requirements set by the Vodafone Group. Since these are all new requirements, the role will involve a significant amount of policy and procedure implementations in accordance with the company goals and objectives particularly as stated in company strategic and operating plans.
- Development of CBU annual and long term Strategy, ensure its adoption and performance across the business, with constant tracking of its performance at all times.
- Responsible for all Marketing reporting to Vodacom and Vodafone Marketing management, including monthly reporting on operational performance, investment plans, key performance areas and various other areas as required by the Vodafone Group.
- Partnering with all department heads as well as senior management, he/she will have to identify and plan the Marketing commercial strategies and objectives.
- Monitoring of the progress of achieving these targets and to ensure that all goals are met, re-evaluating and adjusting them as needed.
- He/she will monitor and interpret all trends that occur within the Marketing industry, which will include evaluating market size, competitor accomplishments and activities and industry structures, and make recommendations to senior management to assist in achieving the company’s strategic objectives.
- He/she will be responsible to formulate the Marketing business plan. Working with senior management, he/she will develop short- and long-term strategic business goals.
- He/she will be required to expediently gather and analyse data, presenting it to senior management, while making recommendations to improve the business.
- To identify and select an appropriate successor and to transfer of knowledge and skills
- Develop tentative 3 years Strategy to support the annual planned strategy.
- To implement all Vodafone reporting requirements and structures as well as define and implement all relating policies and procedures.
- CBU Budget creation, reporting and monitoring as per Vodacom/Vodafone Format and Guidelines
Qualifications And Working Experience
- Degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics and any related field.
- At least 10 years total work experience
- At least 5 years work experience in management
- Auditing firm experience will bring an added advantage.
CORE COMPETENCIES (Knowledge Base, Skills Base And Behaviour Base)
- High quality planning and development skills
- Agility and Out of the box thinking
- Superior analytical skills
- Exceptional report writing skills
- High level of problem solving skills
- High level of competency in Microsoft office applications
- High level of commercial sense
- Knowledge of Vodafone HFM reporting system
- Very Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Modern Marketing Leadership
- Data Analytics and Insights
Understanding Customers and Developing Insight