Project Accountant at Rafiki SDO
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and nonprofit sharing Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO in partnership with WEI/Bantwana in Tanzania with funding from USAID in collaboration with PO-RALG, MOEST, and local government authorities (LGA) is implementing Waache Wasome project a five year project. The goal of Waache Wasome project is to improve the retention of adolescent girls in secondary school and influence negative perceptions about the value of educating girls. The project will be implemented in Mara region in Musoma Municipal Council. The project targets girls aged 13-19 in secondary school and girls who have dropped out of secondary school.
Waache Wasome’s four objectives are as follows:
- Build the agency, knowledge, and self-esteem of girls in secondary school
- Increase family commitment and ability to invest in girls’ education
- Foster a girl-friendly and supportive school environment
- Provide alternative education pathways for girls who have dropped out of secondary school due to pregnancy and/or marriage.
- For efficient execution of its duties, Rafiki-SDO is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill below vacant positions:
Title: Project Accountant (1 Post)
Reports to; Program Manager
Duration: One year / Renewable
Location: Mara (Musoma Municipal council)
The project accountant is responsible for providing financial, administration support to Rafiki-SDO office under Waache Wasome project to ensure the smooth running of the office in (region). This includes handling day to day financial operations of the (region) office, with particular emphasis on handling accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, cash handling, payments, asset and inventory management, and compliance to Rafiki-SDO and donor financial policies. Implements and maintains an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Rafiki-SDO financial operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in monitoring expenditure trends.
- Prepares payments in accordance with financial regulations and approved budget.
- Assists in maintaining non-current assets register.
- Assists in preparing periodic financial reports.
- Prepares payments vouchers in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures.
- Keeps accounting records related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Oversee the financial operation of the organization to ensure timely, accurate financial report and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements and ledgers.
- Preparing staff contracts and maintain donor agreements
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyses budgets, develop financial reports and make recommendation to the organization and budget expenditure.
- Obtain approvals from the director and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects and for the organization.
- Monitor the expenditure to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost –effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Oversee the financial audits for a respective project of the organization.
- Ensure timely preparation of financial retirement with all necessary source of evidence to be shared with Account with focus on every incurred expense during project implementation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The project accountant must have at least a Degree in finance or a related field.
- Minimum of Three (3) year relevant experience in finance or accounting
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Able to effectively communicate with senior management, third-party vendors, technical staff, as well as non-finance staff
- Volunteer Opportunity at TATU Project
- Project Manager at Rafiki SDO
- Job Opportunity at World Vision
- M&E Officer Job Opportunity at Rafiki SDO
Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English Language.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position, a curriculum vitae detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment and copy of educational certificates. Please send the application to our office in Mara region or via Postal address.
All Applications should be submitted through email at email@example.com or by hand to Rafiki-SDO Musoma office (Nyasho ward, in the Anglican Church Premises Musoma Municipality).
Address your application to:
Qualified women are more encouraged to apply
The closing date for the applications will be 10th October, 2019, 17:00PM (only shortlisted candidate will be contacted)