Project Manager at Rafiki SDO
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and nonprofit sharing Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO in partnership with WEI/Bantwana in Tanzania with funding from USAID in collaboration with PO-RALG, MOEST, and local government authorities (LGA) is implementing Waache Wasome project a five-year project. The goal of Waache Wasome project is to improve the retention of adolescent girls in secondary school and influence negative perceptions about the value of educating girls. The project will be implemented in Mara region in Musoma Municipal Council. The project targets girls aged 13-19 in secondary school and girls who have dropped out of secondary school.
Waache Wasome’s four objectives are as follows:
Build the agency, knowledge, and self-esteem of girls in secondary school
Increase family commitment and ability to invest in girls’ education
Foster a girl-friendly and supportive school environment
Provide alternative education pathways for girls who have dropped out of secondary school due to pregnancy and/or marriage.
For efficient execution of its duties, Rafiki-SDO is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill below vacant positions:
Title: Project Manager (1 Post)
Reports to: Executive Director
Duration: One year / Renewable
Location: Mara (Musoma Municipal council)
The Project Manager will oversee the implementation of the project activities. In the implementation of Waache Wasome project Manager will provide oversight to all project interventions including livelihood, improvement for mothers caregivers of Adolescents ( LIMCA) , parenting and POY (Protect our youth ) activities, and School-Related Gender-Based Violence (Lunch & Learn).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with Local Government Authorities (LGAs), Lower Level Government (LLG) and Community Volunteers (EEVs, Patrons/Matrons) to support adolescent girls, Young Women’s and their families.
- Work with communities, WEO’s, CDO’s and village level leaders to mobilize Village Savings and Lending Associations (VSLAs).
- Work with communities and district council to identify adolescent girls and young mothers who have dropped out of secondary school for various reasons and provide them alternative education pathways.
- Work with public secondary school administration to establish and support Protect our Youth (POY) clubs to build the knowledge, agency and protective assets of adolescent girls.
- Work with public secondary school administration to strengthen Subject Clubs placing emphasis on Science and Mathematics to improve academic performance
- Work in close collaboration with LGAs staff and school administration to orient secondary school teachers in School-Related Gender-Based Violence (SRGBV) to be able to prevent and respond to SRGBV.
- Work in close collaboration with LGAs, Institute of Adult Education at district level and approved district/ward level vocational training centers (VTC) to provide alternative education pathways to adolescent girls and young women who have dropped out of secondary school for various reasons.
- Leverage and mobilize community resources to complement resources from Waache Wasome.
- Meet rigorous monitoring and evaluation requirements that support national data management systems.
Project and Financial Management
- Work closely with the Executive Director to lead and direct the technical and administrative project team.
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within the given time and budget
- Execute and monitor project activities.
- Manage changes to scope, cost, and schedule of project work. Coordinate priorities and resources of the project’s activities
- Prepare and update project plans and status reports.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings of personnel related to the project.
- Facilitate sessions to effectively resolve issues if any
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Liaise with M&E officer to ensure data quality assurance
- Report status, develop project-related documentation and implement lessons learned.
- Participate in project performance review meetings and discussions.
- Review compiled a monthly and quarterly report from project staff and submit to Executive
- Performance other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Work with the M&E officer to review the progress of indicators and make appropriate decisions
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The Project Manager should be at least a bachelor’s degree holder. She/he should hold a bachelor’s degree in Education, social sciences, community development, development studies or other related fields from reputable institutions.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience and sound knowledge of working with Adolescent girls and young women and project management.
- Experience of working with adolescents in primary and or secondary schools and out of school adolescent girls
- Experience in Gender-Based Violence (GBV) or school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV);
- Good team player with the capability to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to objectives.
- Ability to travel and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly document and present information through oral and written means.
- Experience in working with communities to mobilize Livelihood Improvement for Mothers Caregivers of Adolescents (LIMCA); and
- A good reputation with LGAs. The high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Camp Assistants at Danish Refugee Council
- Volunteer Opportunity at TATU Project
- M&E Officer Job Opportunity at Rafiki SDO
Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English Language.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position, a curriculum vitae detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment and copy of educational certificates. Please send the application to our office in Mara region or via Postal address. All applications should be submitted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand to Rafiki-SDO Musoma office (Nyasho ward, in the Anglican Church Premises Musoma Municipality)
Address your application to:
Qualified women are more encouraged to apply
The closing date for the applications will be 10th October, 2019, 17:00PM (only shortlisted candidate will be contacted)