Public Announcement From University of Dar es Salaam UDSM
The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) started in 1961 as a College of the University of London. In 1963 it became a Constituent College of the University of East Africa. It was formerly established in August 1970, as a National University, through the University of Dar es Salaam Act number 12 of 1970. It was established with three main objectives, namely:
- Public Announcement From University of Dar es Salaam UDSM
- Job Opportunities at Azania Bank|Nafasi za kazi Azania Bank
- Job opportunity at Company Coca-Cola Kwanza (Tanzania)
- Job opportunity at one acre fund|Nafasi ya kazi one acre fund
- To transmit knowledge as a basis of action, from one generation to another;
- To act as a centre for advancing frontiers of knowledge through scientific research; and
- To meet the high level human resource needs of the Tanzanian society.
In 1961, the University started with the Faculty of Law. It expanded over the years with the establishment of the numerous Faculties and Institutes. It established a number of Colleges, some of which were later evolved into independent fully-fledged universities.
READ FULL ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW KUAHIRISHWA KWA USAILI UDSM
In 1963, a School of Medicine was established within the premises of the then Princess Margaret Hospital. In 1968 the School became a Faculty of Medicine of the University College of Dar es Salaam, a constituent college of the University of East Africa. With the creation of the University of Dar es Salaam in 1970, the Faculty became the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Dar es Salaam. In July 1991 the Faculty of Medicine was upgraded into a constituent collegeof the University of Dar es Salaam – the Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS). The umbrella act for universities – The Universities Act number 7 of 2005 paved the way in 2007 for the elevation of MUCHS into a fully-fledged university – theMuhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS).
The post Public Announcement From University of Dar es Salaam UDSM appeared first on Global Info.